iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain, Rain, go away.....

Started by Faron, March 12, 2006, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Mother Nature has us in the Ohio Valley, and much of the midwest, in her sights this week.  I dumped out 3.6 inches Friday, and another 3 this morning.  Looks like we will catch it again tonight, and more in the morning.  School was called off Friday locally because of flooded roads.  The White River has done it's normal thing north of town and flooded the road. I'm trying to get the roof on the new sawmill/shop building, and this rain is making it tough to get things done.  Oh well, no tornados yet, so it's not all bad.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

beenthere

Hope you get through the floods ok.
Let's also keep all our midwestern members in our prayers while these heavy storms hit up through MO, IL, and move East. Some of it looks pretty ugly, and hope the damage is limited. I think we are missing it here in WI this time.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

TexasTimbers

One mans problem is another mans prayer. Farmers here gave up months ago. We've had some lately but not near enough to make up for the near-record drought.
Hay bale theft is at an all-time high.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Cedarman

I remember back to last winter in central Oklahoma we were trying to get our mulching operation off the ground.  It rained and rained and rained all winter.  It was trying times for us with next to no cash flow.  This winter has been great.  No rain, no rain, no rain.  I know what is good for us is bad for others.  There could be come moderation though to appease everyone.  Here in So Indiana we are pushing the 10" mark for 3 days with one more spell in a few hours. 

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

flip

The way the water was going over the spillway the last few days I'll be suprised if fishing is worth a hoot this spring ::)  30 acres makes a lot of shed with fields feeding it.  I guess if nothing else I can get a raft out and catch some white water.

Flip
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Thank You Sponsors!