iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 225 transfer case slips out

Started by Tdub, August 07, 2011, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdub

I have a timberjack 225 and the transfer case wont stay engaged it keeps slipping out.  My buddy says its the linkage.  Wonder if anybody has had this problem and how did they fix it. Is it pricey to fix.

Hans1

I had the same problem with mine it had a cracked case mine had been brazed before. I had to replace the entire transfer case got a rebuilt one from sewl parts in wolf lake IL great people and service but it was expensive. good luck

lumberjack48

I had the same trouble with my Tree Farmer transfer case, there's a bolt on the out side of the case, and under the bolt theres a spring that holds a little steely marble in a slot that holds it in gear.
It has to be set tighter or needs a stiffer spring, not sure if yours is the same, its a shot in the dark.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Tdub

Thanks for the info.  Hope i dont need a new transfer case.  I guess the guy who had it before me said he put a new one in.  Hope i just need to adjust it.

T Dub

Mark K

Check your input shaft bearing. Mines a 67 year, may be a little different. Use to kick out of high all the time. I replaced the bearing behind the input shaft yoke because it had a lot of play. Solved the problem. If you can wiggle the input shaft I would replace it.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Tdub

Thank You Sponsors!