iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Skidder Tire Pressure

Started by logloper, February 17, 2011, 07:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Can anyone tell me what pressure they are running in their skidder tires? 23.1-26 tires
  Manufacturer tells me "mabe" 20PSI  Tire dealer tells me "mabe" 35PSI  Have been running about 25PSI for about a year, but seems real rough in rocky ground. It is a grapple skidder, but only pulling small drags. Never alot of weight on the rear tires.
Thanks

snowstorm

i run 20 in the harvester and 25 in the fowarder same size tire

deutz4

In our forwarders we run 35 lbs. whether on 23.1x26 or 700mm. An easy test is to have someone follow behind as you are hauling an above average load. If your tires are oversquatting in dips or going over stumps bump the pressure up by 5lb increments until they look strong but give a comfortable ride. Otherwise you will start getting tube failures from the stress without any damage to the tire.

plasticweld

I am running 40psi in mine, we do steep side hill logging and many times the machine is on a road up against a tree and pulling the load up, with the width of the road not much wider than the skidder many times the entire weight of the skidder and load are all on one tire because at the angle we are pulling at. I am sure that if I ran soft ground or flat ground this would not be needed

Thank You Sponsors!