iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timbery Sawmill

Started by Wilson, December 23, 2010, 01:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bery

PS the mill they say will cut a 28" dia log but as I stated Ive cut a log 24" in less than an hr.

diesel pap

i just bought the ezboardwalk 40 sawmill and like it really well. i like the angle head. it really works feeding the blade into the log. edward seems like a good fellow too. nice to know if you have trouble. i would have no trouble buying the jr. it will fit most farmer needs. i also bought his sharpner. does a good job.

Magicman

Hello bery, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bery

Kasba

Hi Bery
I am a fairly new to this site and I just ordered my M285 (25 hp) due to arrive mid to late May/14. I bought the mill for my own use as well as paying for it with some work outside of my day job. So anyways are you still happy with yours, any pros or cons and have you done any upgrades to yours?
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

DgoDrummer

Hello to Everyone from the hills of Durango CO! I'm a soon to be newbie sawyer.
Looks like I'll be ordering my first mill... a Timbery280, by mid next week. I got a guy within 40 miles of here that sells them and can get me a 280 w/ a 25hp engine, w/ a 4' extension track for a reasonable price, while saving me about $300 on shipping.
I got my self a 16' logging trailer with a 12000b winch and plan on doing milling for myself primarily for myself, and likely to sell a bit on the side, once I get things rolling. Not to be a full-time job, as that'd be teaching music. I guess I sound like a lot of folk here who mill for themselves and are looking for a little side income as well.

Been reading on this forum for a few weeks and really enjoy the nice folk here. Glad to be joining, and learning as much as possible from everyone.
cheers!

thecfarm

DgoDrummer,welcome to the forum. And welcome to the sawing world. Your life will never be the same.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rich414

dgodrummer  i sent you a message give me a call I am also in DRO

tnaz

DgoDrummer, Welcome to the forum.  Post up some pictures when you get things going and good luck with that soon to be your new mill.

Terry

Magicman

Hello and welcome to the Forestry Forum, DgoDrummer and rich414.  Am I understanding that both of you are in Durango?  I have long ago lost count of how many times that I have passed through your city.  move_it 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tnaz

rich414, welcome to you also.  Cool you and DgoDrummer live so close.

DgoDrummer

Have had the Timber M280 for two years now... seems like 10 years, haha. Looking a buying a skid steer soon to deal with logs and do general landscaping on the compound. here's a few pictures of my mill. Had to build a retaining wall and back fill to create a pad. Joys of living on a hill side. Since then I have used a track hoe to build two big pads in the yard (still a hill) to move the mill to and have storage for logs and drying area. Will do so once I have a skid steer to help with it all. Everything around here is how to deal with snow, so designing the mill shed roof carefully to allow me to mill into winter. Despite the view of the mill outside our front windows the wife has never said anything negative about it' she and even the step daughters help mill. 

Thank You Sponsors!