iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CHOCKER ROLL PINS

Started by Gearbox, January 19, 2018, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

Any one know where to get the double roll pin to hold the cable chocker in the main line bell . I ordered then from our local fleet farm but they are not showing up .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Corley5

Take an old with you and Car Quest, NAPA or one of the like should be able to set you up.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Gearbox

Thanks I will try that . Mine are breaking up the outside roll is breaking up.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

maple flats

Try   http://www.gksales.net/   They will have what you need and can ship fast.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Maine logger88

You mean like a 3/8 g100 hammerlock? I usually just get them at one of my local logging stores but I've seen them on amazon and eBay
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Neilo

I just hammer in a piece of wood after the socket. Not in the hole you put the roll pin

ehp

1/4 inch bolt with nut is what I use , just make sure bolt has enough length to but nut on full

Gearbox

The bolt idea is what I may have to try . Main logger 88 this is not a hammer lock it is a double roll pin to hold in the double end cable choker . All the supply places sell the bells with out the pins . Our local store has a bin for them been empty for weeks .

ehp

I just get normal grade 5 bolts , I use to use pins but cannot get pins 99% of the time so switched to bolts, to be honest the bolts work good and I find easier to get back out to switch chokers , if bolt is bent real bad when you need to get it off it will just break in half pretty easy , I have had pins I had to cut out with a torch before

Gearbox

Well thee roll pins that I ordered came in today . Now there out of main line slides . Got 2 coming from another store . Some days you can't win

Thank You Sponsors!