iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw shed done

Started by KyTreeFarmer, July 20, 2009, 09:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyTreeFarmer

Been busy but not sawing.....got my shed done. Its built from stuff I have been saving for years.....looked like a good use for it.

Here is a pic of my old Belsaw mill......more pics in album if anyone is interested.

Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

MotorSeven

Looks good! That's the first milling project once my extension is finished........can't wait!

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

oakiemac

Nice looking saw shed. I like the old barn that it is attatched to. What is the span on that beam that runs the length of the shed?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

fishpharmer

Good looking setup KYTF.  I like the way you set the poles with a boom pole on the tractor. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Meadows Miller

Gday

Good looking sawshed and i liked the pics on the old belsaw Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8) 8)

Motor use 30' poles or bolt or nail laminatea longer one than your cut length  for your main beam then you dont have to worry about taking the mill out of the shed and resett it to cut the longer ones Mate

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

John_Haylow

Looks good. You will enjoy being out of the sun and rain. I don't imagine you need to worry about the snow to much.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

bandmiller2

KTF,I like the looks of your old Belsaw do you still have it?when you sharpened the bits did you put a stool or milk crate on the table to sit on? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

apm

What a fine looking old Belsaw! That looks like a solid tooth headsaw. How's it run for you? How did you deal with sawdust?

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

Ron R.

Nice looking shed. I'm gonna have to get up your way soon and have a look around. Good looking old Belsaw. Ron

KyTreeFarmer

Thanks guys for all the comments!
MotorSeven......one day at a time...you will get there. I think your extension will be worth the time it is taking. Keep us posted.

Oakiemac.....the span between the posts is 13 ft., same as the mill length.....I know you should never say never, but 11 ft. logs is the longest I  "think" I will ever saw. Use my lumber for woodworking projects.

Bandmiller2.....yes i still have the Belsaw. Its been idle quite a while but when I was using it I had a small 3-legged stool that fit on the table pretty well for sharpening.....worked OK.

Apm.....yes the saw is solid tooth, its a 38 incher, the saw that I got with the mill had been burned in a brush fire that almost got the rest of the mill( it was off the mill leaning against a tree). Took it to the SawDoc, he sold me this one, hammered it out and all, ran great when I could keep the rpm's right. I was just shoveling the sawdust out with scoop shovel. Dust drag was on my to do list when life got in the way, raising kid and all that stuff. Gonna get back to it soon i hope.

Ron. R......welcome anytime you come this way. Just let me know.

Mike
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Ron R.

Mike, I'll try to get up your way before long. I'd like to look at the set-up of the power unit on the Belsaw mill. I'm pulling my mill with a 3020 John Deere but want to go to a stationary power unit later so I don't tie my tractor up on the mill. Ron

Thank You Sponsors!