iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow

Started by Sawyerfortyish, October 20, 2002, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

Ok who's going to be working in snow on monday? Weather channel said some places may have more than 6"

Frank_Pender

I know that we are not going tohave snow tomorrow.  but, we have that good  ol' Oregon sunshine comeing down right now.  It just began about 15 minutes ago.  It is the first we have had in several weeks.  We were still at a "high" fire danger this morningat 8:00am in this part of the Wilammette Valley.  I sure hope that there is not lightening with this mini fainfall, like we had a few weeks ago.  I had a strike about 150' from my property line during the last rain we had.  It took out about a 30" plus tree.  we were lucky.  There was dry grass etc around the site, everywhere. :'(
Frank Pender

woodman

No snow in Mass.  ;D
Jim Cripanuk

Kevin

We`ve had snow up here off and on for the last two weeks.

Tillaway

Let's see highs about 85, it was 90 last week, and lows in the 60's.  Snow.. I hope not I'm working at about 6000' elevation... not till after I'm done.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Fla._Deadheader

Snow ?? Snow ??  I'm hoping the water temp won't drop below 65  :D :D :D  Harold
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Yeah, Harold, if it snows I'm going to take the day off and play with the kids.  It'll be a good chance to put my new winter clothes on.  

The last I heard it will be in the 80's tomorrow.  I won't even have to put on a flannel shirt yet. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

I think I may break out a new pair of shorts. Mine are gettin a lil thin for the winter. :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

ADfields

No snow in southcentrel Alaska as of yet and I wish it would!!   Fairbanks had a bit last week but I think it's gone now.   We have been geting ALL of Frank's sunshine up this way and I would like to swap in the flipers for bunny boots and be done with all the wet, SOON! ::)
Andy

Jeff

Calling for an inch here today and 2 to 3 more tonight.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Noble_Ma

There is a possibility of snow tomorrow night in central Mass.  Not much expected.

Weekend_Sawyer

We haven't had a "Good" snow here in maryland in 2 years.
My brother and I were lookign at a snow blower at an auction over the weekend. He said, "dont know what you'd do with that"... well, guess you had to be there.

We drove out to Dayton Oh, last weekend to pick up an old truck (freebe) just because it had a snow plow on it. I want to rig my old Farmall M to have a snowplow on it. I can always use it for pushing leaves. We get a LOT of those here.

some day the snows will come back to Maryland. Currently 47 deg.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

OneWithWood

No snow in sight and hopefully none on the way.  Folks around here are saying we are going to have less than normal snow this year and higher than normal temps.  Sure hope so I have a lot of work to do out in the woods.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

Lemme see, the last snow we had was in '86, or maybe '87.  Hard to remember but the kids were little. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Corley5

Calling for an 1" here this afternoon and evening and maybe up to four tonight.  Must be that time of the year.  We have already had some that stuck on grassy areas and the hoods and roofs of the trucks.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Fla._Deadheader

Don't know about snow, but, right now, it's raining so hard, the gators are swimmin down the road wearin snorkels !!!
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

I think I'm going to invent some Speed Skates for Mud.  They'll have to look kinda like fat water skiis but short so you can stroke 'cross the swamp. Might start a new olympic competition.  You stop and shoot a possum every now and again. :D

Weekend_Sawyer

What wine goes with Possum?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Bro. Noble

Persimmon or paw-paw

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

sburro

You shure woodmill???  I had snow today in Dracut Mass.

Tom

Watermelon or Scuppernong or peach or corn ::)

woodmills1

sburro I haven't typed on this thread yet but yes we had snow today both in hudson NH and I dracut.  So who are ya as I teach in dracut.  still had some on the ground in the shade up here on the hill.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bill Johnson

No snow to speak of here yet.  We've had a couple of light dustings but not even enough for tracking.

It's coming though, most of the beaver ponds have thin coats of ice on them already.
Bill

Tom

Brrrrrrrrr-r--r--r----r-----r---  I'll be thinking about you Bill.

Noble_Ma

We had 2" of wet snow here in central Mass.  It's still in the woods and North side of house.

Thank You Sponsors!