iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 372XP

Started by xlogger, February 23, 2013, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Got a question for you experence sharpeners. I got a new 372 about a year ago with a 24" blade. It cut fine but not really what I would like. When I had a large log like White oak I would use my old 30 year old 181 husky with a 20 inch blade to do the trick. It a real strong saw but will pull your shoulder out trying to crank it. I keep the blade and chain the same on both but the 24" just is not as good as my old saw. This past week I got an old 20" blade and chain out and replace it on my 372 and it cut great. Not sure whats up with the longer bar but have replace the chain on it twice and keep the bar file down where the chain travels also just like I do the old bars I have. Has any one got any ideas? Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

T Welsh

xlogger, The type of chain on the saw will make a big difference!! Safety chains will cut slower than a full comp. chisel chain. I use Oregon 72 lgx or Stihl 33rsc or similar typr chain. Aslo check to see if your rakers need to be filed down. Tim

lumberjack48

When new they have a full safety chain, they legally can't sell-em with a full chisel chain.
When i bought a new saw, i wouldn't take it if they didn't throw a full comp chisel chain in with the deal.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

ChopperDan

Could you post a pic of the chain in question? The 372 should be fine ok with a 24" bar. That saw should really smoke with a 20" bar and full comp, full chisel chain.

As far as I know all xp saws come with full comp chain. The last 2 I bought did anyway.
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

cutter88

ya any pro series saws i have ever bought came with a full chisel chain only yht e 'farmer' saws like a 460 husky come with a saftey
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Thank You Sponsors!