iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Check out this website of woodturnings

Started by woodsteach, July 07, 2009, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsteach

July 3rd I took my wife (an art teacher) to the Cherry Creek art festivle near Denver, Co.  Not much in it that interests me but I've come to be able to appreciate the work involved.

So then I see this booth of woodturnings and WOW!

On his website click on the wall hangings and those burls are approx 48"x48" x 4" if I remember correctly.

To get the buckeye burls to bluestain they will coat the wood with mayonaise to get the bacteria to stain the wood and once it gets to the desired colors they will dry it to 6% MC.

http://kimblatt.com/

woodsteach 
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

turningfool

would need one heckuva lathe to turn those monsters :o

tyb525

Those type of turnings are just too much for me. I prefer simpler turnings. Gotta give em credit though, I could never do that.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

They sure look nice woodsteach. Lots of polish on those works, like glass. We lost a great wood artisan last year here in NB, whom sold pieces world wide. It's amazing what can be carved and polished from wood, some wood pieces even culled as defective. Just takes someone to work their magic. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!