iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmilling jokes

Started by lyle niemi, October 04, 2012, 08:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

Quote from: caveman on October 06, 2012, 02:59:07 PM
This may be more appropriate for the dendrology section.  How do you tell a Pignut Hickory from a Mockernut Hickory? 

well...
Boy, back in my day..

Percy

How does a lumber grader change a light bulb???
He just stands there and holds it.....while the whole world revolves around him..

Most common phrase heard at a sawmill...."It'll plane out...."
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

5quarter

Quote from: Percy on April 20, 2015, 11:36:37 PM
Most common phrase heard at a sawmill...."It'll plane out...."
I've never said that before... smiley_big_grin3
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

terrifictimbersllc

Me neither.  ::) ::)

That's why it's called rough lumber.

Try sticking that beam so the crown sags out.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

LeeB

These jokes are just as bad now as they were the first time I read them. They just don't make the cut.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

kelLOGg

DanG. I  just read every one of them, :D
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Percy

Quote from: LeeB on April 21, 2015, 05:52:10 AM
These jokes are just as bad now as they were the first time I read them. They just don't make the cut.
Oh ya....I see what you did there :)

LeeB

Yeah, but it's true. The just don't stack up.  ;D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

buzywoodliff

Kinda related to sawing and it might rustle some feathers, but ya gotta have a sense of humor......

So here goes:

Strip mining prevents forest fires

valley ranch

He say's "I want an 8" X 12" beam, I cut a three boards off that Cant and it's still too thin."

busywoodliff, Is that like cancer cures smoking? You gotta have a sense of humor........

Percy, That's good!

Sparty

A sawyer walks into a bar, steps up to a customer and slashes him with a large knife.  The sawyer then takes a sawdust covered notebook out of his pocket and jots down his victim's name, age and time of death on a line below a bunch of other names.  The sawyer then walks out of the bar and immediately hops aboard a train leaving town.  The bartender runs after him and says, "what the heck was that all about?!"  The sawyer silently opens up a sawdust covered dictionary and points to the listing for sawyer:
Sawyer (noun). Cuts, logs, and boards.

SORRY....that's more of a punctuation joke.

DMcCoy

Natasha: "Boris, iz Moose you said you killed in previous episode?"
Boris: "Look, it's his show. Eef he wants to be hard to kill, let him."

Percy

Quote from: LeeB on April 21, 2015, 12:51:20 PM
Yeah, but it's true. The just don't stack up.  ;D
Sure they will, just dont put the wavey ones on the bottom... ;D

mart

Three fellows stood before the Pearly Gates about to enter into their eternal reward. Saint Peter met them at the gate and said, "we like to gather a little information about you before you enter. We are tracking the IQ's of all who enter heaven".

The first fellow stepped up and Saint Peter asked his IQ. The man responded, "160." "Wow", said Saint Peter, "what did you do?" The man replied, "I was a brain surgeon. I dedicated my life to the study of the brain and how to fix those folks who were suffering from injury and illness". Saint Peter said, "great, come on in."

The next fellow answered Saint Peter with, "180". "Wow", said Saint Peter, and what did you do?" The man said, "I was a nuclear physicist and spent my whole life working to provide clean and safe energy to a world in need of reliable power. "Great", said Saint Peter, "come on in."

The third fellow replied to Saint Peter's query with, "64." "Really", Saint Peter replied, "Did you saw much lumber?"  ;D
I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

customsawyer

I might resemble that last one.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sandsawmill14

The third fellow replied to Saint Peter's query with, "64." "Really", Saint Peter replied, "Did you saw much lumber?"  ;D

Im afraid i would have to answer yes to that one :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WDH

So, the more MBF you produce, the lower your IQ, right?

:D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Remember this is a family site. Jokes containing innuendo are certainly not appropriate.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Percy

Whats the difference between a lumber broker and a battery???

A battery has a positve side...

Jeff

Kinda like what we use to say at the mill about our truck drivers. What's the difference between a twuck dwiva and a fuzzy puppy? 

The fuzzy puppy will grow up and quite whining.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Okrafarmer

What did the sawyer say when someone asked him to mill a beam?

"Cant."
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ox

Sorta related to the samill business:  What do you call a basement full of truck drivers?

A wine cellar.

I drove big trucks for a living for 6 years and I can say for a fact that this is true, at least some of the time!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Okrafarmer

Your wife thinks you're dreaming about dessert because in your sleep, you moan, "maple-cherry-walnut. . . . ."
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Percy

Why do sawyers wear their pants inside their boots??

To show everyone they know how to tie their own boot laces.... :D

LeeB

Because the BS is deep around here?

Thank You Sponsors!