iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Track Claws for Excavator, or any other tracked machine...

Started by wfcjr, May 03, 2015, 09:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfcjr

Had these things called Montana Track Claws installed on our excavator prior to delivery.  These are V shaped bars that are bolted through the track clean-out holes.  The provide great traction in both ice and mud.  When delivered, they had to walk the machine up the last mile of road and then up our gravel drive.  Was all ice and snow at the time.  Technician and salesman both said that the excavator would never have made it up the icy hill without the Track Claws.

Not sure if I will take them off or leave them on since the ex will never see pavement as long as we own it.  Please see attached pics.  I apologize that the track is not cleaner... mud season here in VT has just ended.

pine

Certainly interesting to me.
Do they make them for Rubber tracks like on a compact track loader?

wfcjr

Quote from: pine on May 03, 2015, 09:50:06 PM
Certainly interesting to me.
Do they make them for Rubber tracks like on a compact track loader?

Not sure... just google "Montana Track Claws" and the website will come up.

BargeMonkey

How expensive where they ? Seen them advertised but never seen them up close. Most guys would just weld the steel on the grouser for the winter and torch off come springtime. I bet you can still go for a good ride in the wintertime with them on.  :D

wfcjr

They are salty price wise.

I lack the time & expertise to weld grouser bar on.  But for me the price of the tracks was worth it in comparison to the damage that I could do to the excavator on an unplanned sleigh ride.

They really do dig in.  Our place is at the end of the road.... town does not even plow.  We are up pretty high & drive is steep.  Like I said in original post, gent who delivered said he would have never made it up without them.  It was not his first winter delivery in New England.

Thank You Sponsors!