iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 wheeler

Started by Den Socling, December 12, 2011, 01:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I was looking for a picture of one of my kilns and came across this beast. I was in Australia at the time. Looks like it could fit into some tight places!

Magicman

I'll bet that it could tip over too.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

It looks like something from Star Wars.

JV

I have watched videos of the Bell tracked machine and the three-wheeler, both with feller-bunchers.  Zero turn and look to be very manuverable.  I would be interested to know how they hold up.  Looks to be a nice machine for small operations.  Supposed to be stable on sidehills.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

nhlogga

Quote from: Den Socling on December 12, 2011, 01:55:21 PM

I was looking for a picture of one of my kilns and came across this beast. I was in Australia at the time. Looks like it could fit into some tight places!

Yes. Very nimble and useful for many things other than felling. Anyone who has spent time on one can tell ya that. They are very tippy. Gotta use alot of common sense when running one.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

thecfarm

I saw one in action on the lot next to mine. I think it might of been a little bit wider. Probaly 20 years ago.Not many around now,in this area. I only know of one guy that has one and I don't think he uses it on every job either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bobus2003

Local company uses a pair of them with Shears on his chip crew.. Neat to watch

Side loader

I've got one and really like it. You can go to my photo gallery and see some more pics. Mine is a bell super T. They made an ultra c which is bigger. The ultra c's that I've seen have the saw head like a hydro ax. I've got the shear head on mine now for pine plantation thinning. The dangle head has a chain saw bar and is used for bigger trees. Its got a learning curve from what i hear.  If you're working on good ground that's not real steep they're fine. They're a good choice for a small operator bunching for a grapple skidder. I think the super t weighs around 13,000#.
Side loader log truck w/492 Detroit, bell super T feller buncher, Barko 160 with JD power, Kubota M4900 with brush raker grapple on front and shop built bunching grapple on back. JD 350B Dozer; JD 548D skidder;  and a couple of saws.

Taylortractornut

Some of the superT's  Ive seen  on a few ROW jobs when the ones come through with the  dangle heads they  had some with a grapple lo load logs and bunch them.     I ran one wit ha Duetz diesel in it and a shear and it was really light on fuel.       I have a friend that had one in Alabama and I ran it a good bit one winter cleaning a few fenceline trees.      Bell sold a forklift mast for some to.
My overload permit starts after sunset

VT_Forestry

I was on a pine thinning job a few years back watching a couple of those bells work.  Pretty quick and neat to watch, but the efficiency was quickly negated by all the time spent pulling those things back off their noses  :D  I bet they flipped those things over 5 times apiece that day...
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

oldseabee

Looking to buy Bell Super T with dangle head, any out there for sale? I worked for Bell for 9 years.

smwwoody

Oldseabee

Send me a PM with your location and I will send you a number of a guy that has one.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

snowstorm

Quote from: oldseabee on December 13, 2011, 08:55:31 AM
Looking to buy Bell Super T with dangle head, any out there for sale? I worked for Bell for 9 years.
there was one for sale in maine try ..uncle henrys .com...

Den Socling

What an idiot I am. I'm not in your end of the business and I thought I saw something rare. Reading your post, I see that Bells are common as Chevys.  :D

aquacanis

I know a guy who has one around Croghan, N.Y. near Watertown N.Y.
I think he would sell it if he already hasn't.  Let me know on this forum
and if you are interested I will call you and give you his name and number.

oldseabee

Thanks for the info. I would be interested in talking to him. Also would consider good Ultra T Bell with dangle head.
I think that you can email me through the forum, drop me a line and I'll give you my contact info. I don't like to put all that on a post.
Bill D

snowstorm

Quote from: oldseabee on December 17, 2011, 09:40:16 AM
Thanks for the info. I would be interested in talking to him. Also would consider good Ultra T Bell with dangle head.
I think that you can email me through the forum, drop me a line and I'll give you my contact info. I don't like to put all that on a post.
Bill D
the one in maine has a dangle head he was asking 8500 if your interested i could look at it next time i am up that way

rick f

snowstorm, is that the one in Levant?
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

no poulan tractor in scowhegan. there are pics on uncle henrys

oldseabee

The spelling is wrong, it is
www. poulintractor.com
They had it at $9000, guess they dropped price when they put it on Uncle Henry.
I'll let you know about looking at it, maybe need some more pictures.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!