iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine videos

Started by CCC4, January 15, 2014, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

Just a couple pine videos from Monday...nothing special, finishing up a tract of timber. This was shot on a fairly good slope. Thanks for viewing!  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_CXDr-nV8&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8dD4Mg8iCw&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

Maine logger88

Nice video! Looks like the 372 is still working well for you! Have you gotten your 288 back together again?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

shortlogger

Keep the videos coming !
Just curious if you don't mind saying , are you paid by the ton? I know a lot of the crews around here due to high production are going to pay by the day for machine operators . But I assume most hand fellers are still paid by the ton . I always loved being paid on the ton because i was only paid for what I truly earned .
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

RayMO

Nice video. That nice slick pine must be fun to cut. Been cutting a bunch of big extra limby water oak again and it aint much fun but pays the bills .
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

DGK

Thanks for posting. How about a video of limbing & bucking? I like to see the pace that it is done at.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

CCC4

Quote from: Maine logger88 on January 16, 2014, 12:18:24 AM
Nice video! Looks like the 372 is still working well for you! Have you gotten your 288 back together again?

Thanks! Yeh, I been putting the 372 through it's paces for a bit now. I like the saw just fine, pulls a 24" through big oak just fine. I am uploading some videos from today and one I cut a really nice Red Oak with the 372...it did just fine, the tree was real old and pretty stiff at the butt.

With the few days I missed due to weather, I have been just trying to get back up and haven't had enough extra to put the 288 back together...but I miss it! LOL!

CCC4

Quote from: shortlogger on January 16, 2014, 07:41:14 AM
Keep the videos coming !
Just curious if you don't mind saying , are you paid by the ton? I know a lot of the crews around here due to high production are going to pay by the day for machine operators . But I assume most hand fellers are still paid by the ton . I always loved being paid on the ton because i was only paid for what I truly earned .

Thanks...there are more videos in the oven as we speak!  :) As far as pay...I day rate, I sort of take a beating on day rates but it's consistent wages and I don't pay for gas/oil, bars and chains, saws (I use mine but my boss gave me the 372 for free) I over produce for what I get paid but hey...I always have work. For my area I am most likely top paid faller out of all the logging crews around here.

CCC4

Quote from: RayMO on January 16, 2014, 09:02:04 AM
Nice video. That nice slick pine must be fun to cut. Been cutting a bunch of big extra limby water oak again and it aint much fun but pays the bills .

Thanks RayMo! Man, I haven't cut but a handful of water oak in the last month er so. You'll be jealous when you see the Red Oak video I am putting up here after while. LOL!

CCC4

Quote from: DGK on January 16, 2014, 09:36:11 AM
Thanks for posting. How about a video of limbing & bucking? I like to see the pace that it is done at.

Thanks! Ok, as soon as I get these videos off the camera I will do a limbing and topping video...we sell tree length pine so I don't buck them unless I pre-cut a crook er something out. The oak on this unit has flaws so pretty much all you would see on it was bucking rot off the butt...and that is just flat out depressing!  :D

I started another tract this past Saturday where I am chasing a Hydro Ax on a flat ground tract and I might see about getting a video of some quick paced limbing on it...I usually average some high load counts per day on jobs like that. Being flat ground and straight limbing and topping I can shag through that stuff.

Oh wait...I shot a video a couple weeks ago when I got my 372 XP...I videoed limbing the tree I fell. I already posted it but here it is again for ya. Nothing fast...I was just messing around with the new saw. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDfemawvb4&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA&feature=c4-overview

DGK

CCC4, thanks for the link. It is a pleasure to watch someone that knows their craft do their job. I enjoy falling trees but often find the limbing to be a slow process. In the Yukon, we have to take the log down to 4" before we can leave it in the bush. The spruce are very bushy at the top and the wood is only good (in my opinion) for firewood beyond 24' of a 70' tree as the taper is extremely high and the dbh is quite small. The pine is better with less taper. I have a small logging project coming up that I am going to assess the viability of logging 10"-15" dbh trees with my ATV and milling at the landing. I anticipate bucking at 24' and skidding out single stems a very short distance. I still have to walk the stand with the forester to see the block to assess the rest of the challenges. How many trees per hour do you average? If I take your number and and divide it by a 1/4, that should be my production.  :laugh:
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

Thank You Sponsors!