iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Porcupine,Good? Bad? or Just Ugly?

Started by sherwood, March 15, 2004, 10:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I don't know what to do with chipmunks but I sure do squirrels.
They make a good breakfast if you fry'em and serve with an egg and grits. ;D
................and biscuit.  :)

Percy

Im of the "Letem Live" camp but they love to eat rubber around here and can be quite a pest.

TRUE PORKYPINE STORY
In the mid  eighties, things were happenin around here. Everyone was workin, there was logging, sawmills, pulp mills. If you wernt workin, you were sick, rich, or lazy. Anyhow one logging outfit, Cedar River Timber, had a one particular buckerman, Reg Beckley, that just hated porkypines. The guy had alot of seniority and it was his job to drive the pickup with the loaderman (Dave Toop) always riding shotgun.Whenever Reg seen a porkypine, he'd do his best to run it over and kill it. This one particular morning while driving to work, they come around a rock bluff on the logging road. It was still dark, but getting light enough to see shapes. Well Reg spots this big black spot in the road up ahead and yells "Porky!!". He stomps down on the throttle and heads strait for the helpless black mass in the middle of the road. At the last second, Dave puts both hands on the dashboard and yells out "Reg, thats not a ".......... Too late. Reg slammed into a great big rock that had rolled off the bank during the night. Took the front axle right off of the fairly new 4X4 and placed it right next to the rear axle. Kinda looked like a tandem drive pickup. They musta been makin good money back then cause the owner of the outfit, Wilf Haugland, just laffed his guts out when he heard about it....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Kevin

I haven't checked but their teeth probably grow continuosly like the beaver and chewing is necessary to keep them from getting too long.

Frickman

He had to laugh, getting mad wouldn't helped any.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Tom

Kevin,
I didn't know that.

I have just gotten a good excuse to eat another meal a day.  thanks.   My wife said I was gettin' a little long in the tooth. ;D

Ron Scott

Don't kick a Porky when you have rubber boots on, especially your new hip boots.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!