iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watched a variety of sawing yesterday.

Started by slowzuki, April 02, 2004, 06:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowzuki

Got to see a pto circle mill, and Lucas swing mill, 2 enercraft bakers (18 and a woodbuddy) and a WM LT-15 and LT40 Super Hydro.

The pto circle mill had a 100 hp New Holland powering it and it was fast!!!!!!! I'm talking smoking fast!!!!!!  Made a big pile o sawdust too

The swing mill was doing lots of demos, they were really fast on the dimension lumber but kinda slow on the 6x6" stuff.

The Baker 18 was doing well cutting up a storm.  The wood buddy was pretty impressive for a cheapo mill, it was only 5 hp and the guy running it was trying to show how fast it could go but was bogging the motor down badly.  Well built for the price.

The super hydro was strutting it's stuff, kicked out a nice pile of lumber quickly out of some nasty bowed logs.  It was nice listening to the diesel as opposed to the gas engines!
The LT-15 I only watched from a distance.  The engineering it it shows, it is well built.  I wish I could have gotten to see it up close when running.

The WM reps said there are 600 WM mills in the Maritimes now and he doesn't know of a single one for sale. :o

I called about a 2 y.o. used LT-40 but big surprise they want the same price as new.

Ken

Frickman

Ken, where were you at that you got to see so many different mills? Some kind of show? Were you shopping?
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

slowzuki

Oops!  :) The Heavy Equipment Show in Moncton, New Brunswick.  I'm looking for a small mill but I was there with my friend looking at mini-escavators and bull dozers for his land scaping company.
Ken

QuoteKen, where were you at that you got to see so many different mills? Some kind of show? Were you shopping?

LeeB

Did you get any sawdust on you? you can get infected just from the dust. you don't have to do any sawing to catch the bug :D LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

slowzuki

I was careful not to step in any but some got in my eye when they cleaned up one of the WM's :D :D

I wish the other decision maker in this process had gotten to see too, I think she would have softened a bit on her careful budgeting :P

Maybe I'll have to sprinkler some fresh cedar shavings in bed and appeal to her sense of smell ;D  Hmm, the chainsaw smell did't help my case for it though ;)

QuoteDid you get any sawdust on you? you can get infected just from the dust. you don't have to do any sawing to catch the bug :D LeeB

Danny_S

I made it down today.. and witnessed the sawdust storm....

I didnt see any chainsawmills there this year... They had some there the last time I was there a few years back.

Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

LeeB

good luck with the dust and chips in the house. Mine don't seem to have much sence of humor about it. Really gets ticked when I pull my boots off and dump a load of it on the carpet >:( LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Stan

Lee, when mine was orderin' the house, she specified all linoleum floors, no carpets allowed.  ;)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

LeeB

slowly working on taking all the carpet out of mine to replace with hardwood floors. Live oak amd pecan. getting the carpet out is the easy part. getting the flooring in is taking me forever, as in haven't started yet.LeeB

D._Frederick

Danny,

Who is the manufacture of the power take off driven circle saw?

Danny_S

Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Swede

I know some about Kara, Made in Finland. Works very nice but need a  traktor to move it. They say a engine at 70Hp is what you need to saw but if you´ll saw with full capacity you need 100Hp or more.  There was a Kara at an expo (ELMIA) and they used a 135Hp BM when I was there.
You have to pay ~$95 000 for it in Sweden with a good computer for measures, saw dust fan, a tent over the driver, grinder for sharpening the blade in the mill, loader........... One man can run it.

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!