iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberwolf conveyor

Started by Nemologger, August 08, 2013, 10:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemologger

does anyone have any experience with a Timberwolf conveyor? Are they a good buy?
Clean and Sober

leonz

I can praise thier log splitters because I own one.
As far as freight cost goes and wwith where you are located
it would be more to your advantage to purchase a gas or
hydraulic drive firewood conveyor from Rainier Hydraulics.
These are the same folks who build the Chomper fire wood processor

They sell thier firewood processors and conveyors factory direct
to the end user. 8)

MDLogging

I had a 28'timberwolf elevator when I first started with firewood.  Had it for about 6 years  and it ran great.  It ran fast even at a idle.  I had to put a belt on it once and all I can say is don't buy the belt from timberwolf.  Got the same belt from Baltimore Belting for about half the price.

Nemologger

Well I just had a conveyor delivered all I can say is WOW. I didn't know it would take so much work out of stockpiling firewood. Put it right on the end of my TW 5.
Clean and Sober

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

I built mine from scratch, used double chain with steel paddles what a beast! Doubled my production.
Precision Firewood & Logging

NWP

Quote from: Nemologger on September 25, 2013, 09:06:29 PM
Well I just had a conveyor delivered all I can say is WOW. I didn't know it would take so much work out of stockpiling firewood. Put it right on the end of my TW 5.

Is it a belted conveyor?  I thought about getting one to be able to use with firewood or mulch.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

woodandtractors

I bought a new 20' Timberwolf conveyor nearly 10 years ago-roughtop rubber belting,great piece of equipment. Only thing I'd change would be to order it with rubber paddles built into the belt-snowy or icy wood goes up a ways then comes right back down. My Timberwolf processor came with an all-steel (30' I think)conveyor that has a center chain and 1" sq. tubing for paddles,flow control valve for speed and runs off the machines hydraulics. Noisier than the rubber belted model,but a tough and reliable machine.
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

Nemologger

NWP...yes it is belted, I just run it at a idle and it does a great job.
Clean and Sober

Upnorthpike

Can a guy burn a wood stove inside a small building to dry 1 or 2 cords of firewood, seems like the wood stove takes a lot of the moisture out of the wood.
Would burn on and off when home and during the day time

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

I believe member Swampdonkey does that method... stacks it in the basement where it can dry some more and burns it through the winter.

Depends on a number of things, but might just give it a try and see how it goes.

I stack mine on pallets outside with top covered for a year or two before burning.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Upnorthpike,welcome to the forum. I have no idea,but a box fan to move around the air might help too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

If you're going to burn wood you might as well burn it to heat your house rather than burning it to dry more to burn  in your house.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!