iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How Many Do You Count

Started by submarinesailor, February 15, 2010, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

I was taking a nap and the wife woke me up telling me that I had to see this.  I counted 25 the first time, 31 the 2nd, 29 the 3rd and 28 on the 4th as they were moving thru the trees.  So, there were somewhere close to 30 turkeys in my front yard a couple of weeks ago.  Turkey season went one the later part of December.

BTW - I count 16 in this cell phone picture.

Bruce

WDH

I guess that turkeys flock rather than gaggle.  In any event, that is a whack of them!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

indiaxman1

Does Virg. have two seasons on birds?...Both Ind., and Ky now have two seasons...fall and spring.....am planning  on parking a few of them (helps getting through ice/snow now)

Magicman

I'll check my trail camera Friday/Saturday and see how my flock is doing.  We're one month away from Turkey season..... smiley_turkey_dancing
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom

I used to have a bunch of Turkeys around here, but haven't seen them in a while.  I think they were elected to the City Council.  :-\

pigman

I only counted twelve, but I am not sure since I didn't remove my shoes. :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Been a flock of hen turkeys that wander through here most every day, at some time or other. No Tom's following them yet tho. Expect in a couple weeks we'll see a Tom or more cozying up to them hens.  ;D

Then may get another enactment of last year at my window...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDfXWYgZfmw
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

12, but not sure, there might be another in the middle of the pic!

As it gets closer to Spring, we'll start seeing more of them around here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

submarinesailor

Quote from: indiaxman1 on February 17, 2010, 07:48:42 PM
Does Virg. have two seasons on birds?...Both Ind., and Ky now have two seasons...fall and spring.....am planning  on parking a few of them (helps getting through ice/snow now)

Yes, we have two seasons.  Spring season should open in about 2 months.

Bruce

Magicman

Our season opens March 13 and ends May 2.  Youth get an early crack at them March 6-12.

My trail camera caught a few.

Looks like all gobblers

Three old long beards.  I watched them throughout deer season.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

We got a few long beards around here, too.  On the Forum I mean  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

submarinesailor

Well it appears that they are still around.  Yesterday I had just crossed the river coming into my place and here they were in the front yard again.  This time I had my new good camera with me.  Man do I like the way this camera will reach out a touch something.  Enjoy.

Bruce

Btw it is just short of a 100 yards between me and them.

Bruce

Magicman

Thanks for some great pictures and that is a good warmup for things to come.  Our season is only a couple of weeks away.   ;D

WDH

They look like that they are 5 yards away!

Ron Scott

~Ron

Norm

Weekend_Sawyer

Mmmm wild turkey.
This thread went to food right away  ;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!