iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a thought...

Started by Coon, July 08, 2010, 02:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

I have been a member of this forum for quite a while now and for some reason this has just came to mind.  Why do we not have an actual Chainsaw Manufacturer as a forum sponsor like the many bandmill manufacturers?  It really does not matter which company it is that would step up to the plate as there are a number of good saw manufacturers out there that fill a variety of needs of everyday to hobby saw users.  In my own opinion there is no better place on the worldwide web to give or receive first hand feedback than right here on this forum.  We do cover the whole spectrum of users and for many of us these saws are our bread and butter.  One would think that after all the years of this forums existance that a company or two would have caught on by now and figure out that the Forestry Forum could help them out for a little help in return.

Maybe Jeff and/or the administrators can enlighten us if there are any reasons that they know of why there are none of the chainsaw manufacturers as sponsors?

What do the rest of you forumites think of this as well?  Good idea or bad?  ;)

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

miking

I'd bet that even if they aren't on the site officially, there are any number of saw brand reps visiting and reading the comments.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

JohnG28

It sure would be a good way (if its not already) for them to get real feedback on their products, as well suggestions to make their products better. Not sure if it will happen, but a good idea.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

GlenM

Super idea for the user, would be nice to get advice and help from a company rep, but,
1) they probably want you to spend your money for help at a servicing dealer, and,
2) if they join or sponsor 1 forum, other forums may pester them to participate with them as well.
just a thought..
fwiw

Al_Smith

You might be surprised how many people who are actually employed by the manufacturers of chainsaws are on the forums . In addition some of the owners of arborists supply houses   are members of a few .

So what I'm saying is whatever you are saying about their products, they hear you . ;)

boobap

...they should make it official, not some clandestine operation.

Coon

I think you guys are right about this but for some reason I find it a bit odd being this is the number one forestry site on the web.   ;) Maybe some of these saw reps could come forward and let us know they are reps for the saw companies whether it be through sponsorship or otherwise.  It is sometimes nice to talk with an actual saw rep from another area.  Often times around here many of the saw reps talk through their arses and just give you the run around to sell you a new saw when you only have a small problem with the current one you own.  There are only so many dealers and such within a reasonable driving distance that it is not often feasible to drive a distance for a small service.  I know I could ask my fellow forumites these questions and get the answers I need but what if it is something that can void any warranty I may have?

Brad.   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!