iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS440

Started by JohnG28, August 21, 2010, 04:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG28

Hey guys, I was looking at an ms440 for sale locally.  Have not had a chance to look at it in person yet, but ad says in good condition, case included, with 24" b/c.  Is $550 a good price if all seems well with this saw?  Says saw is hardly used.  Also any opinions from people who have used one would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Al_Smith

Good saws no doubt about that .Much weeping and gnashing of teeth when Stihl took them off the line up .Price is in the eye of the buyer I suppose .

JohnG28

Well I guess theres not much more need for this thread, guy got back to me, saw was sold in one day.  Thanks for the input though Al
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

jteneyck

They seem to be going for $400 - $500 on E-bay, so it looks like that's the price of admission for a good used one.  There are a lot of them available, so if you want one you can find one pretty easily.  My friend has a 440 Magnum, and it's an awesome saw.  You could get an 044 for considerably less, if that fits your needs.   

boobap

Not a bad price if the condition is REALLY good - like new. I would pay it. My 044 doesn't have a decomp like the 440 does...

Al_Smith

Quote from: JohnG28 on August 21, 2010, 07:34:32 PM
Well I guess theres not much more need for this thread, guy got back to me, saw was sold in one day. 
Not to worry, one thing about chainsaws they made a lot of them .Another one will come along in due time .

tlandrum

i have a mildly woods ported 044 with the flippy caps that id sell if your interested.send me a pm
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Thank You Sponsors!