iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TK 1220 Blade Height Adjustment

Started by jlmccuan, October 21, 2013, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlmccuan

I had a small accident with my TK1220  about 18 months ago, but I'm back at it now and have a problem.  Unfortunately, no one thought to cover the head.  Now my height adjustment will not work correctly.  If I run the crank out and lock it to the end nut, I can raise the head, but when I try to lower it, it does not stop before going all the way to the bottom.  If I try to crank it up from the bottom, it just jams up.  How is this supposed to work?  I'm without a manual and thus far been unable to find one online.  Are there supposed to be friction washers between the crank hub and the bronze bushing.  All I have is the nut, input shaft, abotu a 1/2" space, and then the bronze bushing.  Does anyone have pics or manual to illustrate how the mechanism is supposed to work?

beenthere

Welcome back.
Does the "small accident" have anything to do with the head movement?
Not easy to read between the lines here, so more info might be helpful. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

Just copied this from the TK web sight.

MANUAL REQUESTS

Email your request to manuals@timberking.com. Be sure to include your name, the model number and serial number of the machine for which you need a manual. (Our server blocks emails with blank subject lines, so please be sure to fill in a subject.) We will usually email the manual. If you are unable to accept large files via email we can send a hard copy of the manual. In this case you will need to send your name and address and a daytime phone number. A nominal charge will apply.

Don't know if this will help you or not. I seem to remember having a similar problem with the 1200 I owned at one time. Don't remember at all how I solved it though. I might still have my manual for the 1200 but won't be home for another month.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

opticsguy

JL,

Highly recommend you contact TK direct by phone.  They can provide you with excellent service and advice and probably much faster than finding your information here. 

I own and use a TK 1220 but am also unclear about the problem on your mill.

TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

jlmccuan

The accident was from a former owner gunking up the carb with silicone seal instead of a gasket.  In trying to get the carb to pick up fuel I made the mistake of putting some gas down the carb throat.  I had emptied the old gas in the tank out already.  When the carb backfired, it set my shirt on fire and I rolled through the old gas which was poured out nearby.  Grafts from waist to jawline, shoulders, and backs of arms and hands.  No damage to the mill other than the water tank which was sitting on the ground nearby.  But, I'm back at it and determined to finish the build on our house.

beenthere

Wow!!  Sorry to hear that, and does show that things can spiral out of hand very quickly. What a combination of things to lead to the misery that you had to go through.  :o

Glad to hear that you are back at it again. Keep us up to date on the house build please.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Will_Johnson

There's a ratchet mechanism in there that's probably not clicking, both literally and figuratively.

Give us a call at 800-942-4406 or email service@timberking.com and we will get to the bottom of it!

Best,

Will

jlmccuan

The TK folks got me up and running today!!  The height set action was a little stiff from sitting and with both rotator cuffs blown from stretching the grafts there, I was reluctant to lean into it.  Once I did, everything started freeing up and works well now.  New manuals for mill and motor in email now.  I have a small 12VDC winch I think I can hook up with a belt drive to the carriage drive crank shaft for power forward and reverse.  I did one log today to check things out.  Wore me out, lol.  But I will persevere.  Lot's of catching up to do.

Has anyone got any pics of how they did a power feed?

thecfarm

I almost did not read this thread. Glad I did now. That was some bad luck. Took a while to get all healed up I see.  :o  Good luck to ya. And good luck on the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

grweldon

So sorry JL... sounds like a painful ordeal.  I'm glad you're back at it!  Good luck!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!