iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case splitter

Started by woodbe, September 19, 2011, 12:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbe

I am not sure if this is the Wright place to post this but here we go. I have had this 28 hp diesel Case maxi cable plow for about 5 years and thought that it should make a cool splitter. The plow is all hydraulic and all I need is the splitter part so off I went looking for parts. I found most of what I needed and here are some pictures of what happened. It works well so fare. The splitter is held on to the plow were the blade would attached for placing phone cable. There is a shaker box that is at the back of the plow so I added quick disconnects to the motor and put disconnects on the splitter so it is easily changed back to a plow. Well I have seen some of you all's cable plows used for other things so I thought I should show you mine. ;D

Woodbe

customdave

Hey neat idea! Looks like it does the job....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Bill Gaiche

Looks good to me also. Must work good too by the size of the wood piles. bg

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ohio_Bill

That's a Great Idea !  I have seen several of them go for scrap prices at auctions and the next one I see will be mine . Seems like I am always pushing the splitter around and that would solve that problem .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

clww

Fantastic idea you have made into reality there! 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

Looks like you've got this years wood conquered.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodbe

That wood is split 3 ways. My father and I fell and bucked the trees. We only kept the good stuff for sawing and made the rest in to fire wood. There was about 12 trees in all. One of the partners in the deal was hired to remove the trees and clean up all that was left. So as we cut off any thing that didn't scream fire wood or saw logs and it got packed away with a track hoe to be burnt on site. We left enough for the operator to grab and not make a mess. It was about 2 miles from his farm which is were every thing is set up. I used the skytrak for the ones by the power lines and loaded the logs on his truck with it to. The skytrak belongs to the third partner. It works out well for all of us. I am supposed to get at a cherry orchard that is getting removed and I was told there is some logs worth sawing in there. We will see. But there should be some more fire wood there as well. I will take some pictures if it works out.

Woodbe

T Welsh

that rocks!! use what ya got. Tim

Thank You Sponsors!