iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cross for the church.

Started by hackberry jake, January 28, 2012, 10:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

My grandfather told the pastor about my love of wood and woodworking. The pastor then requested a cross for his church. Here are some pictures of the cross.                                                                                                                                                                          The pic with it on the table saw is when the cross was un-finished. The white oak is ver curly especially the upright piece but the pictures don't do it justice. I just cut out part of one of the white oak boards and part of the other and glued them together (saddle joint?) then cut about a 3/4" (the thickness of the wo) dado in the cherry stock, mitered and glued it all together. I finished it with tung oil. Hope you enjoy.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Norm

Larry

Your choice of wood works well together. :)  Its a lucky pastor to get such a fine cross.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Warbird

Nice work.  I don't see a pic of the tablesaw, though?  How much does it weigh?

WDH

Jake,

That looks awesome!  I love that curl. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jake.....gotta hand it to ya, that's very nice! This piece hopefully will be around years after we're gone. I know it will bring a lot of joy to many hearts.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Very very nice work and wood. bg

Magicman

Very nice indeed.  I'll bet that your Grandfather was the proudest of all.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don_Papenburg

Warbird , It was in the first picture under the cross . My guess 300 lb looks to be an older all cast iron top heavy duty model.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Warbird

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on January 29, 2012, 10:36:24 PM
Warbird , It was in the first picture under the cross . My guess 300 lb looks to be an older all cast iron top heavy duty model.

Thanks.  I meant the cross, though.  Was wondering about how much it weighed.

hackberry jake

I'm not sure about the weight, I didn't weigh it. I Hung it with a 5" lag bolt. I would estimate 30lbs or so.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Bandmill Bandit

That is some beautiful wood work with some beautiful wood.

It is worthy of praise and something you can take humble pride in doing for the church. smiley_clapping   
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

5quarter

Jake...Nice lumber. Good deed. Is that a Fender guitar amp I see in the background of the first pic?
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Sure is. I'm more of an acoustic man, but I do get in an electric mood every once in a while.

WDH

A man has to be flexible  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!