iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which Mill to buy? Woodmizer or Cooks

Started by redneckman, March 01, 2017, 07:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortaction

boonesyard

Quote from: YellowHammer on March 27, 2018, 12:43:17 AM
That's a great deal, and a fine mill.  Did you happen to think of buying a lottery ticket, also? ;D
I think that's good advice. We could all have a heck-uva party if we win!!
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

boonesyard

Well, only 5 days before we leave on our journey to pick up the new saw. We're both really looking forward to the trip and I can't wait to get the saw home and start screwing up (oops, I mean learning :D) how to cut. The weather here has been awful, but I'm confident it WILL warm up. 

After we pick up the saw, and head for home, I was thinking I'd like to stop at Wood-Mizer Indiana (since we go through there) to see their facility. Is it worth the stop? If so, should I make an appointment? if so, with anyone in particular? Any suggestions are appreciated.
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler

Magicman

Absolutely go my WM in Indy.  Give them a call when you know your schedule and someone will show you around.  That is not where the sawmills are manufactured but the blade facility is there.  Also you will get to meet the tech support and parts guys.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Magicman on April 01, 2018, 08:33:56 PM
Absolutely go my WM in Indy.  Give them a call when you know your schedule and someone will show you around.  That is not where the sawmills are manufactured but the blade facility is there.  Also you will get to meet the tech support and parts guys.
I bet if you give them enough notice you could have them do an inspection of the mill and they might even give you a couple of hours of training on your mill for you. It would definitely be worth asking.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

boonesyard

We'll be picking up the saw at WoodMizer of Carolinas and fortunate in that either Joseph or Tyler will be giving us some training on the saw. They have been wonderful to deal with. 
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler

Bandmill Bandit

I didn't realize you were picking it up at a dealer. You will be VERY WELL looked after.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

boonesyard

Well, I've been so busy I forgot to follow up on the new mill adventure. We had a great trip down to NC. Had a wonderful experience with Wood-mizer Carolinas, what great people. We also had time to stop buy and see Steve at Wood-mizer Wisconsin on our way home. We did 3,122 miles in 5 days. Not a lot of time to site see but weather and roads were good. Would have been really bad had we tried to do it the following week with the weather and snow storm that rolled through. The mill tows like a dream.  

A couple happy customers in NC.

Just had to get something on mill ASAP. Had some boxelder, good for practice, everything went well. 

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler

Darrel

That is one sweet lookin Orange machine!  Happy for you!
                            8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nothing like the smell of a new Woodmizer.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bandmill Bandit

You are now a member of the sawdust addiction support group! NO one, and I mean NO ONE is ever been know to recover from this addiction! It is a very terminally and edifying, addictive disorder. 

Thank You Sponsors!