iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And so it begins

Started by wyowood, March 16, 2015, 06:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyowood

Finally get in a day with the LT15. Weather was great the whole time while I was at work, get a day off and things go south, and not in the warm southern way. But we were still able to butcher up the tree that I had cut down on my last days off.

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

What happened to that dogs legs? Stand around on that log too long? 

Maybe it is the camera angle that makes it look short legged. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

Very cool. How long did it take for the big happy grin go away?

Pa Pa Jack

That is the one I think I am going to get. Does yours have one extra bed section? What is the overall length of the entire thing? Very nice and shiny. :)

MartyParsons

Hello,
Great pictures.
On your first picture the blade tension handle looks different. Is everything ok? I think it should be at like 2 o'clock when set to the proper tension.

Note the new fuel tanks. All new mills are going to the EPA fuel tanks. You should remove the fuel line connector when the mill is not in use. The pressure on the tank can raise to 5 psi before it is released. If the fuel line is attached to the tank when not in use the pressure in the line may overcome the needle and seat in the carb. You should get a bulletin soon if not already.
I see also you have the new clamp with the adapter this is also new.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

tmarch

Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Peter Drouin

Nice mill, happy for you. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Marty can a guy just put in a vent on the tank?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Lumber Grader

What the Dog's name? Could it be "Shorty"??? Happy sawing!!!!!!!!!

Magicman

For certain, that log did not come from your back yard, that is unless you have a huge back yard.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MartyParsons

Hello,

Well if you would vent the tank then the EPA would ah um.  Will the men in BLACK be at my door if I answer this question?

This is new information so I need to find out how things will work to get you the correct answer.

More to come.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

bandmiller2

That's funny looking ground, its not white. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Peter Drouin

Quote from: MartyParsons on March 17, 2015, 07:16:11 AM
Hello,

Well if you would vent the tank then the EPA would ah um.  Will the men in BLACK be at my door if I answer this question?

This is new information so I need to find out how things will work to get you the correct answer.

More to come.

Marty

:D :D :D :D :D :D smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

Indecision is a big time waster when milling. That gas tank would remind me I could be fishing. Then I wouldn't know what's better sawing or fishing. Then I'd think about pontoons on the mill. Then I'd ruin a board or saw into the stops or the clamp.  :) ::) :) :) ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

78NHTFY

Nice set up!   8)  But from looking at the landscape, was that the LAST TREE!  :D :D.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

wyowood

wyowood

Now for the text that should have been with the last pictures. Frank C. The white ground is back, what a difference a day makes ! Pa Pa Jack, yes it does have an extra section, overall length is 26' 10"
Magicman included are a few pictures of my back yard.
Rob, there are more trees within a mile of the house. The mill was set up on the edge of a hay field as it was about the only level spot I could find close to the house.

Shotgun

You can edit your own posts any time, even weeks later, even adding text.  Your text would be a lot more useful in the same post as your pictures.     ;)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

WV Sawmiller

Congrats on the new mill. Looks like you are having a good time with it.

I like the log dog too. I have a rat terrier who is my fishing buddy and general knock around pal. Sampson gets scared when we go under a shadow because about a month after I got him an eagle swooped at him in the back yard and traumatized him. Have had several fly over and turn around and look at him on the river/lake. He barks and growls at them and is a real bad dog as long as he knows I am in reach to back him up.

As to short legged dogs when we first got married moved in to USMC Base housing on Camp Lejeune, NC. A few houses up in the back yard I saw a neighbor had a 3' high fence and two big coon hounds with long ears and sad faces that were always laying down. I decided they must be the world's laziest dogs to stay in a fence that that short. Finally walked up one day to check it out and found they were both basset hounds.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I like that backyard.  Matter of fact, I like Wyoming.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Shotgun on March 17, 2015, 08:40:59 PM
You can edit your own posts any time, even weeks later, even adding text.  Your text would be a lot more useful in the same post as your pictures.     ;)
Click on "Modify", only available to your own posts.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

barbender

Quote from: Magicman on March 17, 2015, 10:42:51 PM
I like that backyard.  Matter of fact, I like Wyoming.   8)

X2 Magic, I was born there, and I have a lot of family out there. I always have a hard time coming home when I visit out there, I find myself looking at job postings ::) And if you like variety in the weather, Wyoming is the place to be ;) You get all 4 seasons, sometimes in one day :D
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!