iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New sign

Started by Bruno of NH, March 23, 2015, 11:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Made a sign for the sawmill
Im going to put it up out by the road . The town is good with it . I hand routed it , painted the letters black , used 3 coats spar varnish . Its the first sign i have made i didnt have the money for a sign shop so thought i give it a try .
Thanks for looking Jim/Bruno

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

tmarch

Nice Job, looks great!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

I called no answer. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Peter called i didnt answer had my head phones on :D
Got inside out of the wind and cold and called back the number it was A and P sawmill Mr Peter Drouin  :o
We had a great talk on the phone about signs , sawmilling , logs , customer service he answered any questions i had  :) :)
He has a great operation i asked if i could come take a look some time and he gracefully said yes 8)
Thats whats so great about the FF forum .
Thanks @peterdrouin
Jim/Bruno NH forestry forum strong 8)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

goose63

Now Jim that is one good looking sign :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: tmarch on March 23, 2015, 11:21:39 AM
Nice Job, looks great!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Did you dial a "Z" or a "2"?

Just joking; that is a nice sign!!!

Nomad

The sign looks great!  If you free-handed those letters, you're a sight better with a router than I am!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Bruno of NH

By hands free I mean a jig
Not CNC with a hand held router with a old letter set from the early 70's
Jim/Bruno

Magicman

Very nice, but personally I would close in the B and the 8.  The 8 could possibly be mistaken for a 0.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Looks good.  I'm sure it feels great to put out a shingle, it makes a statement. 
Congratulations,
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!