iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Speaking of Patriotic Duty

Started by Bro. Noble, July 13, 2010, 02:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

On the NBC evening news a while back,  there was a story on this AF refueling tanker pilot (Christine) and a Navy pilot (Jeff).  She refueled his plane over Afganastan.  They had been man and wife for about a year and were sent their separate ways soon after their wedding.  The closest they have been to each other since Christmas was this refueling last month. 

milking and logging and sawing and milking

fishpharmer

God Bless them!  Service like that makes our country the greatest in the world.  My hats off to them! 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pigman

I just have to wonder how Bro. Noble would know about such a thing since he is always in the milk house when the news is on TV. smiley_headscratch 
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Warbird

Quote from: fishpharmer on July 13, 2010, 02:41:52 PM
God Bless them!  Service like that makes our country the greatest in the world.  My hats off to them! 8)

Mine, too.

Bro. Noble

Well,  Pigman,  my wife must have told me.  I listen to and remember everything she says as I'm sure you do yours ;D

easymoney

i do not have a wife so i do not know when i am wrong ;D

DanG

You are wrong, Easymoney.  You have a wife, she just hasn't told you about it yet.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

Jeff's mother told my wife that Jeff and Christine are supposed to be on the Today show in the morning.   :)

Warbird

On Sunday morning?  This morning?

Bro. Noble

Sunday, Aug. 1st. :)  I hope to see it between milking and time to leave for church. 

Warbird

Cool.  I'll try to tune in.  Any clue on what story to keep an eye out for?

Bro. Noble

Well,  His ship, The USS Eisenhower was to dock in Norfolk Virginia in the last day or two and so he will just now be seeing her,  I would guess it would be the story with a young couple clinging to each other :D :D

DanG

Or failing that, it could be the story about a girl who loved her man so much, she flew all the way to Afganistan to bring him a drink. ;D ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

I just looked to see what is to be on the Today show tomorrow.  They just listed two: some high powered wedding,  and 'Reunion at 18000feet'  I would guess Jeff and Christine are included in the latter.  I would further guess that it will be the shorter of the two :D :D :D

Warbird

I didn't see that on our listing but I hope it is there.  We'll be looking for it.

Papa1stuff

I just watched the Today show and did not see Jeff!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

fishpharmer

Okay, I watched it a few minutes ago.  That's one of the best stories I have heard in a long time.  That's serious dedication to our country and each other.  What a great looking couple. 

Thank Jeff's mother and your wife for telling you.  Noble thanks for passing it on to us.
Jeff's mother has a lot too be proud of, heck it makes me proud just to know you know her.

Are your wife and Jeff's mother close friends?

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

I saw the segment. It was on between 8:30 and 9:00 EST here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Papa1stuff

Ok ,I did see that young couple ,great story.
I was kind of looking for our Jeff :( :(
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

fishpharmer

Texas Ranger

Saw th show, and am proud to see such neet to s..ee young folks serving, loving, and being the best
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Warbird

That was an awesome story.  And they are such a handsome couple.  Thanks for the heads up on this, Noble.

Bro. Noble

Quote from: fishpharmer on August 01, 2010, 09:33:26 AM

Are your wife and Jeff's mother close friends?

Well, yes, they are.  They grew up together------in the same house-------with the same parents ;D

Warbird

So which side of the family did Jeff get his good looks from?  ;D  Seriously, they look like such a happy couple.  I don't envy them having to be so far away from each other for so many more years, though.

Thank You Sponsors!