iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

240D Jack

Started by KyLogger, April 19, 2018, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLogger

I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

bigred1951

Not to many people close to me on here

East ky logging

Hey big red I seen that you went to the stave mill awhile back how's that working out. I'm in magoffin co. I used to haul in there quite a bit. I seen on the news that they are going to start building barrels I hope it works out because we can sure use the jobs around here.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

KyLogger

The only fault I had with the stave mill coming to town was their minimum diameter on white oak logs. In 10 years there won't be a white oak over 10" dbh left in 8 counties.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

bigred1951

Yea I worked there as a security guard for a couple months. Then one night they called and said the contract over your all out of work pretty much. Do drawed unemployment for a couple months now I'm working for a general contractor doing construction

KWood255

Just another idea here, but hopefully you have it solved. Those Detriots had both left hand and right hand rotation coolant pumps. Any chance yours has the wrong one? I just replaced one on my 3-53 last fall. Easy job on mine, so I'm assuming it's about the same on a 4-53. 

KyLogger

That was exactly the problem, no coolant flow. Someone threw a RH pump on this motor and it needed a LH. Like I said, I am a virgin to a Detroit, but after some research and hair pulling and talking to you all I finally figured it out. A three hour round trip drive and a new $150 pump and the ol' Jimmy runs cool as a cucumber! Thanks!

Thank You Sponsors!