iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is it possible to add LT35 setworks to LT28?

Started by WoodenHead, June 21, 2012, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

I believe the heads of the LT28 and LT35 are very similar.  Is it possible to add the LT35 setworks to the LT28?  Has anyone attempted it?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: newbee on June 21, 2012, 09:03:13 PM
I believe the heads of the LT28 and LT35 are very similar.  Is it possible to add the LT35 setworks to the LT28?  Has anyone attempted it?

Before I would even think about giving you an answer, I would advice you to ask the people at Woodmizer.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

MartyParsons

Hello,
The LT28 is manual up and down. Power feed is an option. You would need to convert it to power up and down first. Wood-Mizer does not make a kit and it would not be a easy bolt on parts. Welding would need to be done. So the official answer would be sorry.
I have seen some nice modifications that members have done and seen some scary modifications. You could make it happen.
If you ever had any issues techinical support would be tough once you modified the mill.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WoodenHead

Thank You Sponsors!