iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Pocket Knife Do You Carry?

Started by pappy19, October 04, 2014, 09:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

I always have some sort of pocket knife on me that I carry daily, mostly a small Swiss Army and a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza. I carried a Benchmade for 12 years and finally retired it for the Chris Reeve, which is made in Boise, Idaho.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

blackfoot griz

I have 3 Swiss Army Knives and one goes with me every day.

trapper

leatherman blast.  Very seldom A day goes by I dont use at least one of the tools on it.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

luvmexfood

I carried a three blade Buck for years. My favorite. When I kicked my ex-wife out she took it along with a few other pocket knives I had laying around in sight. Luckly she didn't know where the main stash was.

Stupid woman. She even took my Frontline flea and tick drops for the dog. Funny thing was she didn't even have a dog. Made peace with her after that but didn't get knives back. She had given them away.

Women are strange. Used to hear from her every once in a while but she has gone dark and never hear from her anymore. When I did she was usually in a bind and would contact me for advice. She did give good rewards for helping her out.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

beenthere

Have carried the Swiss Army Victorinox Electricians knife for many years. Has four blades.. including a sheepsfoot, awl, and flat blade screwdriver with cap opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNw6UzNgrEc
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Delawhere Jack

Schrade Old Timer 340T with one blade broken. A blade is not a prying instrument....  :-[

Skioutty

Leatherman Skeltool, and I use it everyday!

Dan_Shade

Jack, mines a 340T as well. 

I was looking on line, I guess Schrade went under a few years back....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Chuck White

I carry a Gerber #500.

It has 1 heavy single 2½" blade.

It's pretty good and holds and edge as well as any!

When I was in Alaska, I gutted a Moose and 2 Caribou and a lot of Salmon with it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

wildbill

Leatherman Wave.  used daily.

great for cleaning under your finger nails to making a 1 million watt generator start :)

i did make a leather pouch for is as i didnt like the cheap plastic/cloth one it came with
Raider Bill's favorite son

Dave Shepard

I carried a Zippo knife from when my grandfather gave it to me at twelve, until I lost it when I was 22. That knife was never more than five feet away from me until the first time I had to go to jury duty. And I do mean 24/7/365, all through school, everywhere. I found the knife in a field three months later, and it has been safely stored ever since.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Texas Ranger

3, single blade buck folder, swiss army, and a small SOG, razor sharp used for field surgeries.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

redprospector

I'm carrying an Uncle Henry small Stockman right now...well for the last 14 years. The kids asked me that year what I wanted for Christmas, I got 2 of them so I have another brand new old stock Uncle Henry waiting for this one to wear out.  :D
I've got my Dad's old Case xx yellow handled trapper, but I don't carry it.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Banjo picker

I carry a Sheffield two blade folder and a swiss+tech multi tool as of now.  These are the everyday users... on Sunday I carry what I like a Case of some sort.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

isawlogs

I have a small Victorinox for the tweezers and the toothpick in my pocket, have a Wave or original or flair ....  I have many leathermens... wich ever is closest gets put on the belt and also have a Laguiole that I keep raser sharp that lives beside the leathermen.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Al_Smith

Banjo picker

The reason I went to the swiss+tech over my leatherman blast was that I have wore both the sheaths that go on my belt out to where I am afraid I will loose them.... the swiss+tech goes in my watch pocket in my jeans.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Larry

Kershaw Zero Tolerance Speed Safe.  Made in the USA.  I switched to one handed knives a long time ago.  This one is the best opening knife I've ever had but I'm disappointed in the torsion spring.  It broke a couple of months ago.  Kershaw replaced the spring at no charge but one would expect a knife named Zero Tolerance not to break.

Think I'll make my own, than if it breaks I can blame myself.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Dave Shepard

I like that I can open or close both blades on my Wave single handed.

sumday

I love my Wave but I don't always wear it. I have a leatherman lockblade that goes everywhere with me. If I don't have it along it's because I forgot my pants.

sprucebunny

I have a mini multi-tool from Cabela's that has a little LED flashlight !
Love the little light but usually need a bigger tool.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

justallan1

I carry a Leatherman Wingman with me everywhere except to bed, and then it's pretty darn close.

Allan

Ken

Been lugging a Leatherman for 15+ years.  Only had to buy the first one although I'm on my third or fourth.   Barely a day goes by that I don't use it.     Love the lifetime warranty.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!