iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Check up

Started by Peter Drouin, April 16, 2015, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I'm not using the Mill for the next 3 days, so I dropped it off at the Kennel with the rest of the cats.

;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

slider

What are we getting done ? I'm thinking,bigger turbo,larger nozzles,a little pump tweaking,advance the timing just a bit and BAM 20 more horse power.Off to the next shoot out.
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all got some nice CATS up there. ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

Milton CAT in NY wouldn't warranty my Perkapiller. It was a battle, but I got it fixed under warranty. I'm told that had something to do with CAT getting replaced with Yanmar on WM mills. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather have Kubota, but there's nothing at all wrong with a Yanmar.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

When you get up to 1500 +/-- Hours you reset the valve slap says the Cat Book.
Well, I went past that a little  :D :D :o
The men will look at that , check the timing. And all the High and Low RPM setting.

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 16, 2015, 08:14:00 PM
Milton CAT in NY wouldn't warranty my Perkapiller. It was a battle, but I got it fixed under warranty. I'm told that had something to do with CAT getting replaced with Yanmar on WM mills. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather have Kubota, but there's nothing at all wrong with a Yanmar.

They did mine when I first got the supper, But nothing happen to the cat in that time. And it runs good now.
I don't have the tools or the know how to do all that.

I make 2x4s they make Cat's purrrrrrr  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Petah I coulda set the valve lash when I was there!  Takes no time at all!
Boy, back in my day..

Don_Papenburg

Glad that you were not taking it in to get neutered ;)
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on April 16, 2015, 10:30:06 PM
Petah I coulda set the valve lash when I was there!  Takes no time at all!

Well, what can I say. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

:D   Them boys at Cat will be able to take good care of her.  If I were you I'd ask them to turn the pump up a bit get some more ponies outta her.  I know how you like to saw faster than Mario Andretti  :D
Boy, back in my day..

Delawhere Jack

Do I see a tandem seating arraignment on that mill? Which seat is for the pilot, and which one for the co-pilot?

Or maybe you just have REALLY LONG arms?  ;D

YellowHammer

Have them put one of those Dozer engines in your mill!  That would get the mill smoking.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Chuck White

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on April 17, 2015, 10:25:57 PM
Do I see a tandem seating arraignment on that mill? Which seat is for the pilot, and which one for the co-pilot?

There is a parking position at that location.

The seat is disconnected from the sawhead and it has a spring-loaded pin that snaps into a hole in the side of the main beam and the sawhead rests in the normal travel position.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on April 17, 2015, 10:25:57 PM

He runs the controls with his feet, it's a hoot to watch!
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

The cat is back in the barn and runs like a top, Guy said the valves needed just a little to be in spec.
The RPMs Idle at 1250 and high Idle of 3025
It was almost time to change the oil, so I had them do that and fuel filter too.
$400.00 Not bad.  8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: 4x4American on April 18, 2015, 08:40:45 PMHe runs the controls with his feet, it's a hoot to watch!
:D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!