iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oregon powersharp.

Started by cbutler703, September 08, 2016, 02:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbutler703

sawguy21

It works reasonably well for the consumer who cannot or will not learn to sharpen a chain properly. For most of us here it is a waste of time and money.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 08, 2016, 10:42:12 PM
It works reasonably well for the consumer who cannot or will not learn to sharpen a chain properly. For most of us here it is a waste of time and money.

Agreed!
Information collector.

rick carpenter

I wonder, though, if it might be good for some wildland firefighters. I'm sure their saws hit rocks and dirt. I know some use carbide chains, but for others who might not it could be quickest way (?) to get back to the action when time is of the essence.
Suburban Redneck raised up in the Deep South!

BroncoRN

I bought two on a clearance sale.  Put a 16" set on my 46cc Poulan 2750.  Its a nice little combo for small limbing.  In FL there is a LOT of sand and can dull a blade quick - 3 seconds and you are back on the job with the powersharp. 
Echo cs440
Husky 350
Husky 455
Husky 372xp
Husky 395xp
Poulan s25da
Poulan 2750
Homelite Super 2
Homelite SXL 925
Stihl HT75
Mcculloch 1-71

HolmenTree

The Powersharp  has its place for the consumer, even for the guy brushing out an acre of scrub.

That little barracuda chain design is nothing new. Been around for over 50 years back in the day when the sharpening stone was built into the sprocket cover.
That chain cuts good for the size of wood it was designed for.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!