iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor Cedar log peeling bench or vise of some sort any ideas?

Started by Rusticcreations, May 26, 2016, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusticcreations

So as some of you know I build log Furniture for a living, I was wondering if any of you have any ideas or know of any designs for a station to place logs in to hold them at a comfortable height to stand and strip the bark off with a drawknife.

Keeping in mind that most logs are not straight and I also need to be able to easily and quickly strap or tie down the logs to hold them tight.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Rusticcreations

So after sitting here searching for a log stripping vise design of some sort I said the heck with it and went out to the shop,

An hour and half later I have this and I'm very impressed with it, I built it from scratch outta my head and it works awesome.

Where the ratchet strap is located there is a slide that moves up n down and using the ratchet I can clamp the log in place.

On the back half are 2 45 degree 2x4s that have adjustment holes in them that can use to adjust for bigger or smaller logs to help hold them at a comfortable height.

Not bad for some redneck engineering huh

just_sawing

One of my customers makes cedar furniture and his competitors put the logs in a shallow pond. Then they take a pressure washer to them. They will spin and the water logged bark will fly off.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Thank You Sponsors!