iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor is on!

Started by Mooseherder, February 16, 2011, 08:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

The new series starts tonight. ;)

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Cedarman

What a treat tonights show was!!  Fun, plain fun, especially when they met to vote.  Some people must not watch survivor before they head off to play.  One of the few times the person I wanted to see off from the start did herself in.  Proves that some people just can't keep their mouth shut.  To vote off one of the strongest members would have been total suicide even if Rob is the one to beat.
Hope the rest of you fans liked it as well as I did.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

It definitely started off with a BANG!  The Federal Agent dude is like the fisherman from the last season, he is self destructing from the git go  :).  The lady that found the idol right off is interesting, but she will not be around for too long I suspect.  She did make a splash though.

I don't see that the two veterans can make it, but who knows? 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doctorb

Different strokes........

Some of us don't watch because we know it's rigged.  However, it's entertainment, so if you like it, enjoy enjoy!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

America is a great place because of free will  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

This thread was started for those of us that like the show. For those of you that don't we'll try not to dis your interests.

They need to get rid of the "special agent" asap. What a nut.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

If he was a special agent, I'd bet he got kicked out.
I guess we'll find out if it is true later on.
Can you imagine getting stuck on an Island with that weirdo.
The lady who found the Idol isn't as brilliant as the move finding the idol was, as it turns out. :D
Boston Rob and Russell have jumped the Shark for me.
I would be okay if I never heard tell of either one again. ;D

Brucer

I don't have a TV so I never watch it. But I do enjoy the play-by-play here on the forum. I don't actually know what's going on, but it's fun to "listen" to what everyone has to say.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Cedarman

Each team needs strong physical players until the merge, so I see the old guys staying for a while.  Just before merge is when   R&R will be in most danger of being voted out.  But even when voted out, there is redemption island.  Will there be an R&R matchup on RI?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

I predict that you can count on it.

doctorb

I promise not to mention another disparaging word, and I, too , will simply enjoy your exuberant ethusiasm.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

With that kind of attitude, we need to get you in on the grits discussions  :D.

trapper

I agree with both doctorb and jeff.  I do not watch the show but like I once told a co worker that liked golf if everyone liked to do what I like to do there would not be room for me.  Enjoy
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Roxie

This is much more exciting than last season's snooze fest.  These people have spunk! 

That was one of the more riveting tribal council's we've seen in a long time.  Secret Agent Man doesn't have much self control.   :D

I love to watch Rob and Russell work their manipulative magic, and Redemption Island just might be the icing on the cake!  Both tribes had shelter in record time, and I didn't see any slackers.  Russell's team really did a fantastic job in the Immunity Challenge. 

I can't wait till next Wednesday!   8)

Say when

Dean186

I currently don't have TV reception, so I can't watch any current stuff.

The last Survivor Season I watched was in 2004, Season 9 – Vanuatu.   My first cousin, Twila, was a contestant on the show and took second place.  That season was fun to watch.  

There is a lot of secrecy that is required of the participants.  What I remember her telling me was, she couldn't even let anyone know she was filming the show until she returned from Vanuatu and then didn't talk about the experience until the winner was announced.  

How many of you Survivor fans out there remember her or that season?  Nice comments only please - she's my cousin.

Below is an image of the DVD cover from Season 9 (Twila is in upper right corner) and to the right is a photo taken of Survivor contestant Twila and myself at a family gathering.

Raider Bill

I suspect Mr Federal Agent works for the TSB at a airport checking bags. He did mention he had worked for 3 different agencies. Wonder what the other 2 were, IRS, Purchasing, dunno.... I don't think it was the Secret Service. Seems every season there's always one I want to just reach in and ........ He's it this year so far but ol Russell.......
One of them guys Steve the tall gray haired one was a NFL QB I think. I even would say he was a Raider 2nd stringer at one time.
Sure is a better looking lot  than the last ones. I miss Natalie though.  I also noticed they are already having water on the lens issues. ;)
What makes people run their mouth when they find the idol? Great move finding it then blows everything by telling dummy 1 and 2.

I have hopes this year.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

I remember Twila! She was feisty as I remember.  :)

ErikC

We chose not to keep a satellite when we moved here a couple of years ago, but Sarah and I both enjoyed every series before that. The last few haven't caught my attention much and I was just as glad we couldn't watch them, but this one is, after I read an article on the new aspects. I may have to find it somewhere and catch up!! :)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Mooseherder

ErikC, you can catch up on the previous episode at the CBS Survivor website.
I'm just not sure how many days after the first airing before they put it up but it is usually less than a week.

Magicman

This one is shaping up to be an interesting series.  It looks like Boston Rob, the "Intimidator",  has gathered enough weak followers to insure that he is around for a while.  It's hard to question his strategy.  Looks like some of the others are trying to out dumb each other.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Samuel

it looks better than the previous one, but I am a sucker for this type of TV anyhow...
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Dean186

Quote from: Jeff on February 17, 2011, 04:09:33 PM
I remember Twila! She was feisty as I remember.  :)

Yes Jeff, you remember her correctly.  I'm glad someone did.

I know we are stirring the conversation to "How do you like the current season".  But, I still wanted to comment to Doctorb's statement about the show being rigged.  She never felt like the show was rigged.  I do think the program/plan/competitions are dynamic, so that things don't get boring for the viewers.  No comment required - that way I didn't high jack the thread.

Dean186

Question for Survivor fans:  As stated in and earlier post above, I do not get/pay for TV reception, but we do watch TV via DVD purchases.

The past Survivor Season DVD's are available for purchase.  If I was going to buy just one to watch.  Which Season would all you Survivor fans purchase?  I have seen Season 1-4 and season 9.  I haven't followed the show for the past few years and do not know the outcome, so no review spoilers please.

Thanks, Dean

Jeff

I would have to say Samoa season #19 and Heroes vs. Villains season #20

If you never saw him play, and have to make a choice of seasons you need to watch the ultimate villain Russel.

Thank You Sponsors!