iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Google earth is not your friend

Started by Banjo picker, August 31, 2013, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

Last week it brought the tax woman calling....seen it on google earth

Taxes going up I suppose..  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

sandhills

Isn't that ridiculous, a good friend of mine had the zoning lady show up one day because he'd moved in a grain bin on his farm.  Didn't get a zoning permit for it  ::).

beenthere

They should sell roofing that is camo color.

Or plant some of Furby's roof plants to make it look like just another patch of weeds or brush growing (no offense meant to the live roof plantings ;) )

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

I suppose you could list Google Earth as a possible enemy.

I didn't think you could get that close on Google Earth!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Larry

Don't blame google.  Our county discovered how much tax revenue they were missing and now have the county flown twice a year for detailed photos.

FSA started it maybe 10 years ago to make sure farmers were in compliance with the farm plan.

Won't be long until you can look up and see a drone overhead 24/7.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Chris Burchfield

I go outside to smoke on my deck.  During the late evening and early morning hours, sometimes I'll see satellites.  Has to be them, way too slow for a comet with no tail.  Doesn't blink like a jet or plane.  I've seen em South to North and West to East.  Usually about the same place in the sky.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ianab

The photos that Google Earth show online are provided BY our local council. So they have them already, and paid for the aircraft to do the hi-res pictures in the first place.

Before Google you could wander down to the Council office and order an aerial of your property for $10, and they had historical ones back to about 1930.

Only difference now, you can call them up on your smart phone.  :-\

QuoteI didn't think you could get that close on Google Earth!
I can tell the pic of my house was taken on a Thursday because the rubbish bin is out on the street.  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

martyinmi

Quote from: Ianab on August 31, 2013, 03:09:57 PM
I can tell the pic of my house was taken on a Thursday because the rubbish bin is out on the street.  :D

Ian
Our garbage man comes on Thursdays too, but we are quite lax on bringing the container back to the house in a timely fashion. In fact, it will sometimes set out at the roadside until the following Wednesday! :-[

How many hours off are you and I Ian. I mean, is your Thursday our Wednesday? ???
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

bama20a

So now your here to tell me I've got to move my still, :(Fellow can't do anything anymore,Sounds as bad as having 2 wifes at the same time, ;D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Ianab

QuoteHow many hours off are you and I Ian. I mean, is your Thursday our Wednesday? ???

We are GMT +12 where I think Michigan is GMT -5? So yeah we are 17 hours ahead. Sunday morning here, must be Saturday afternoon there?

Gets confusing going to the Cook Islands. Only 4 hours flying, but you loose 22 hours. So we leave here on Sun evening, and arrive at 1 am on the same Sunday. But have to book accommodation from Saturday night so we have a bed at 1 am.   :D

Got a headache working out the bookings on that one.

Throw in daylight saving starting the same day...  ::)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

LeeB

I tried saving daylight before. Put in an airtight box, but when I opened it up that night it had burned out.  ???
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Gary_C

Quote from: LeeB on August 31, 2013, 07:40:20 PM
I tried saving daylight before. Put in an airtight box, but when I opened it up that night it had burned out.  ???

I think that's electromagnetic stuff. So you need electrical shielding as well as airtight to keep that daylight for any time.

But be careful if you try storing it in a box. Since that stuff vibrates at high frequencies, the box may start shaking violently and eventually fly apart.

So be careful if you try that again.   :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Carpenter

I've heard it's legal to shoot down drones in parts of Colorado. 

Banjo picker

I guess they will get me again when I extend the garage to cover the tornado shelter....Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Paul_H

Lay a large blue tarp on the ground with a 1x12 board on the one end and they'll think you've got a new pool.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

terry f

She probably thought it was a full building from the aerial shot, lots of roof, but even that building would need a permit around here, even if it was farm exempt.

SwampDonkey

Not all those Google images are satellite, many are aerial photos. Our government has flown the province for decades. It was first done for forestry and then they figured out it was useful for Ag and taxes to. A bigger return on investment on taking them photos. The last time I saw a satellite image of my area, it was useless, completely obscured by clouds.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

timberlinetree

Some one told me the job I was doing u could see from space! Thought that was really cool.but now I don't >:(
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Banjo picker

No bld. permits needed for structures in the county here yet.  If in the city limits, which is just across the road yes.

Swampdonkey you asked me how the heat was back in July , and I said wait till Aug. ....This last week has been brutal.  Relief is in sight...I built me a big fan for the sawyer position yesterday....No pictures so I guess it didn't happen.

Deb pulled up the latest google pic's of the place...you can see where I have part of the new metal on the roof, and then where it stops....Too much info.  Banjo

thecfarm

If the "building inspector" found out I did not get a permit,she would have a hissy fit.  :D Things was good until she got on board. When we first built the house,no problems. Now if you put a roof over a pinic table,you have to get a permit. Probably knowing her she is watching my Veggie Shack being built.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SPIKER

Guessing that you guys didn't hear about the scientists that have actually been able to stop/freeze light>? 8)   Not for long but they have been able to shoot a laser into a hunk of some sort of Silicon crystal turning it ON and hit it with a 2nd laser that "puts light data into storage" (from opaque to "black?") then turn laser off and the crystal back ON with the 1st laser.   The 2nd laser beam/Data continues out of the crystal for up to a Minute... :o   Not sure if they are "Storing" the laser beam (low power I'm sure) or capturing the photons but they are claiming they can store DATA inside the crystal...  ??? ::)  I think they were working on a more pure form of the crystal and larger size to capture or store more photons laser time.   (Just went & looked for it here is a link...   Maybe they can stop time too?  8)

http://www.gizmag.com/stopping-light-inside-crystal/28610/

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Banjo picker

I believe that's just a dab over my head... Banjo

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!