iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You better clean them up

Started by goose63, September 03, 2016, 07:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

If I do it's $350 extra

Kory came with a helper and two saw's

Now thy are all done 1/4 inch thick he better get his back side out here and get them home and on the wall befor thy go crazy

That sure gave me and the mill a big work out 8)

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sprucebunny

Guess that guy wanted to make sure none of them logs could roll away  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

I generally tell them "if they had taken one step closer to the log they would have gotten the limbs sawed off".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

killamplanes

Teach a person young to buck properly. Because it will be helpful in the future....
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Chuck White

In the past, I've told customers that the tree trimmer needs to take one more step towards the log when trimming limbs!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

It takes more time and is more difficult to cut a limb flush with the trunk.   I'm guessing that when a tree is taken down, folks get enough limb off to get it loaded in the shortest amount of time.  The sawyer's job is to take a ragged log and make nice boards, which sometimes includes some chain saw work.  Of course,  we want the chain saw work to be occasional.     
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ox

I'd trim them logs all day long for $65/hour.  I don't move too fast these days anyways so it wouldn't be too hard on me...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

My Father grew up in the era of movings logs with a peavey. You learn quick,that way,on how to cut limbs off.  ;D  He taught me too. We would be into the bark of the tree trimming limbs off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gearbox

Looks like the logs I get from our farm show members . I have to keep a saw at the deck all the time .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

goose63

Happy Birthday thecfarm is this the first time you been this old?  ;D :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!