iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To the FAO people

Started by 4x4American, September 08, 2016, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

If you don't already have them, buy the locking tabs from WM they are cheap and save alot of headaches.  I picked up a set in Boonville and what a world of difference.  I am not sure why they don't come standard with the FAO kit, just like I don't understand why FAO's don't come standard with the sawmill

???  ???  ???
Boy, back in my day..

Okrafarmer

Quote from: 4x4American on September 08, 2016, 06:08:53 PM
If you don't already have them, buy the locking tabs from WM they are cheap and save alot of headaches.  I picked up a set in Boonville and what a world of difference.  I am not sure why they don't come standard with the FAO kit, just like I don't understand why FAO's don't come standard with the sawmill

???  ???  ???

???   ???  ???  ???  ???

Ok, you got me. What's an FAO?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Okrafarmer

Quote from: paul case on September 08, 2016, 06:56:12 PM
Fine Adjust Outrigger

PC

:P  :-X :o  :D

Now I remember. One of those infamous three-letter abreviations like TMI, or PCM.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ga Mtn Man

Ok...What's the locking tab and why do I need them?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

4x4American

It's a little piece of bent metal with a hexagonal hole in the top that slips over the nut that adjusts the height of the FAO, and it keeps the FAO from backing off when you're sawing.  I used to have to keep applying pressure on the legs throughout the day, but I haven't had to adjust them since I put the locking tabs on. 

Peter D made up his own lock tabs, it's something a guy could do, but for $45 for six of them, I figured my time was better spent sawing.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Also welded nuts on the bottom so the mill won't slide on the ice. I have had the mill,log and I slide 16' sideways on Ice. :snowball:

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

RPowers

Quote from: 4x4American on September 08, 2016, 06:08:53 PM
I am not sure why they don't come standard with the FAO kit, just like I don't understand why FAO's don't come standard with the sawmill

???  ???  ???

x3

FAOs are awesome. I'd never go back. I need to order a locking cap for my end  outrigger it doesn't have one.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

CCCLLC

What size nut is on the FAO? Mine is on its way for retro install.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

CCCLLC

Beavertooth

I bought the FAO's for my mill last year and the locking tabs came with them. I did not think to order the wrench to adjust them with but they sent it anyway. It was $50 for the wrench but glad they sent it because it was well worth it. 
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

jeepcj779

The new mills should come with with the brackets. They were included when I picked my mill up last week.

terrifictimbersllc

They're about 6bucks. Easy to lose. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!