iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peavy suggestions??

Started by KjBarnwood, April 17, 2008, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Well, I see the tape job to hold an unsafe handle together. Dad used to do that, but it never ever took too good. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I don't know why maple isn't used more than ash for some handles. In my younger years I used to make stuff from wood to play kinda rough games of war.  :D I made a spear once out of a piece of maple and even after it dried I could lay it on a 30 ° slant and jump up and down on it , it never would snap or crack. It was only about 3 inch diameter. But, I suppose it was tight ringed. I guess the trouble comes from laying tools out in the weather on the back of a pickup or leaning on a barn door. I have an axe handle made from maple close to 20 years ago. Don't use it every day by any stretch of the imagination, but it's reliably close by.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woody1

I just had to do it. :D :D

If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Jeff

Yup, noticed the tape right off.  Why is it there?  Aesthetics?   I see a new bolt too.  Romance is fine. I have nothing against Romance.  Heck, ever hear Tom tell about his hatchet that used to belong to George Washington?  That's a tool you never would want to give up either.  Its only had the Handle replaced a half dozen times and the head twice
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woody1

Like I said we will see in 40 year.  ::) ::)
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

He's a dedicated lad, he might be using the post as a cane by then though. ;)

Not picking on ya woody, we have to smile some times. :)

Thank You Sponsors!