iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how does one go about boxing up blades

Started by hogdogman, June 10, 2014, 10:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogdogman

Magicman

The quick answer would be "boxed as they were when you received them".  My Wood-Mizer blades came in a flat box which I used for Resharp shipping.  They were returned in a cube box.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

VictorH

If you don't have a flat or cube box, coil up a blade (there are videos showing how to do this) this will give you an idea of the size box you will need.  I think 10 blades is the minimum you can send but I might be wrong on that.  They will send them back in an official cube box that can be reused.

Magicman

U-Haul sells the exact size cube box.  18"X18".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Why are they sending them back in a cube? Flat pack is the only way to go with bands. They take up way less room, and you don't have to fold .055" bands.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gfadvm

I sent 8 blades to ReSharp last week. I wasn't aware of the 10 blade minimum. Haven't heard anything from them so we'll see........

Magicman

I would call that Resharp center and discuss your options.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Fed-Ex drop off stores have 18x18 also.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Quote from: gfadvm on June 10, 2014, 09:45:56 PM
I sent 8 blades to ReSharp last week. I wasn't aware of the 10 blade minimum. Haven't heard anything from them so we'll see........
Worst case they sharpen 8, throw in two new blades and add them to your total. You end up with 10 blades.  ;D
Or is that the best case?   ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

I bet that you will end up with 10 blades.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

My thoughts are that the 2 additional blades would be added only if you had previously enrolled in the blade replacement program.  I doubt that WM would sell and charge you for blades that you did not order.

That is the reason that my suggestion was to call WM.  You can enroll in the blade replacement program and have the two blades added rather than incur a penalty charge for sending less than the minimum number of 10 blades.

backwoods sawyer

I sent in 10 got back 8 had to call to be added to the auto refill program.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

OneWithWood

I coil my .045 blades and use cardboard separators in a tall box.  Send 16 in at a time.  When the box wears out WM replaces it for a nominal fee.  It takes me a while to go through 16 blades as I do don't saw everyday.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sometimes I go through 10 blades in 2 days, especially when I customers who bring in metal and I sometimes hit wood.  :D

Yep....it DOES get that crazy sometimes.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

i just learned how to coil up blades.
Just did 10 cooks super sharps .
I have one on the mill now .
I also have 6 timber wolf blades they cut good have 2 that have been sharpend but havent used yet
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WoodenHead

I just picked up 75 blades (5 flat boxes of 15) that I had sharpened by WM.  That should last me a while!  ;D

gfadvm

If they add 2 new blades and charge accordingly I won't be troubled at all. I probably should just sign up for that automatic blade replacement deal. I've still just got my learner's permit when it comes to this sawmill stuff!

I certainly appreciate the help from y'all!

Chuck White

If they're still at ReSharp, maybe give them a call and have the 2 blades added.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!