iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone need free labor in norther MN

Started by Outlaw, April 15, 2018, 11:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlaw

New member here,  been reading for a while. I've been looking at portable mills for a few years now.. Interested in getting a look at as many mills as a can to get a good feel for all that are out there. I'm willing to give you a hand for a day, and in hopes of getting a feel for the brand of sawmill you own. I'm located in northern MN. Thanks in advance!
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

Nomad

Welcome aboard, and I like the way you're trying to get your feet wet.  Most likely somebody will make you that offer, but you can also look at the Finda-Data-Base.  It's listed in the drop down menu under "Extras" near the top of the page.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

SawyerTed

I learned exactly this way.  It is an education for sure.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Every time I watch another sawyer I think I learn a new tip, shortcut, safety step or two and I think this is an excellent way to learn. In addition to the FF Find a data base check out the WM Pro-Sawyer network if you are considering WM on your list of candidates. Other manufacturers may have similar sites and if so I hope their sponsors chime in here.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

barbender

Where are you located, Outlaw? I'm in the Deer River area and would be more than happy to let you come check out my setup. My only problem is I run my mill intermittently (it hasn't been started since last October) and I'm no pro. But I can dull bands and make crooked lumber as well as anyone😁
Too many irons in the fire

Outlaw

Not far from you,  about 50 min. In the Meadowlands area. If I'm free when you fire it up I wood love to check it out!!

Outlaw

Gearbox

Barbender I want to come watch . Not help just watch and have lunch then leave .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

You're on Gearbox! Just know you probably won't learn anything and I probably won't feed you very well, either. But you will likely find it entertaining😁
Too many irons in the fire

4x4American

Quote from: Gearbox on April 19, 2018, 09:44:54 PM
Barbender I want to come watch . Not help just watch and have lunch then leave .
That's fine but you have to bring lunch for the rest of the class !!
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!