iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I finally found one!

Started by Tam-i-am, March 29, 2018, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like a NeHi bottle opener.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

maple flats

Tam-i-am, my brother has one similar to that last one you showed, except it has a slot where the hook mounts and could be changed to one of 2 or 3 different holes on the hook arm, depending on the log diameter. I don't believe my brother ever tried to move it to a different hole however In addition to being a rusty bolt and nut badly needing Blue Creeper, he welded the nut on. Not even Blue creeper can penetrate a proper weld.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

millwright

Tamiam. I have a small hook that is the same make as your first picture. I use it every day. It came with the first LT 30 I had. How did it get here to northern Wis.?

Tam-i-am

Millwright

I don't know much about Amidon other then they made sawmills and cant hooks.  I don't believe they were portable and I'm not sure how far their reach was.  But old tools seem to get passed around and show up in some funny places.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

moodnacreek

The typical portable sawmill of 40 years ago was not on wheels or powered. It was 3 pieces of track ways, the husk [saw frame] and the carriage. Each section men could get on a truck manually to move to a new set up. Often the carriage and track sections where 15' long. A tractor sawmill was the same except the mandrel was extra long to keep the belt farther away and allow room for an edger. Amidon, Lane, Chase, Oxford, American, Frick and many other sold these portable sawmills in this configuration.

Thank You Sponsors!