iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Do You Ever Wonder Why ?

Started by Autocar, July 19, 2013, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

As I layed in bed last night I planned out which trees that were going to be cut in the morning . There was a number of them along the east side of the woods that needed pulled back into the woods. By seven it was 86 degrees and I was pulling a winch line to a tree on the edge climbed the ladder and put the chocker on her and up again to drag the main line up. Jumped back into the skidder and drove out and put some tension on it. Back out of the skidder put the saw to her down she went, topped her, back in the skidder pulled it out to the landing and while I have them in the grapple I always buck them up, cut a 16 foot butt log off and there was some black rot second 16 footer was hollow then the next was hollow also. So I probably had a hour or more in this project. I was socked with sweat dragging the main line just about kills me anymore  :D .And it wasn't worth a dime   ;). Second tree was full of honey bees and needless to say they were not happy eather. Went to the west side to get away from them and finished the morning  ;D. Can't wait till tomarrow is that crazy or what  ::).
Bill

Nemologger

I know what you mean...It's a Labor of Love.
Clean and Sober

cutter88

its deffentley a job u have to have ur heart in because there seem sto be alota days were u work ur but off and at the end of the day ur not very far ahead  :D but I wouldn't change what I do for anything
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

thenorthman

fell a bigish ceder a few weeks back, had a honey bees nest in it... once they calmed down a bit, we where able to cut log open and steel all the bees, they are currently living in the back yard, the honey we got out of em is very fruity and sweet!

(the wifey is a certified bee keeper (or certifiable...))
well that didn't work

lynde37avery

I have days like that. I try for between 4 and 6 hitches out of the woods in a  day. 3 or 4 in this 94* + temp  heat. and out of 4 hitches at least once a week half of the hitch is garbage. and usually I waste an hr + on that work. same answer from me too. I wouldn't trade in the work for anything. chin up fingers crossed "do less make more" 
Detroit WHAT?

br389

Same here I work a full time excavation job and during the weekend my brother and father and I log we've been doing this non stop since last November and there is nothing I love more but one thing that sucks is poison ivy I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten it this year especially now with this heat... But once yoy get those woodchips in your blood there's no turning back

Ford_man

I found a product that prevents you from getting. the web site is http://www.poisonivyprevention.com/      I have used it and my grandson has used it ,It seems to work. splitwood_smiley

Bert

Hollow logs can be a blessing. You might just need a 16' temporary pipe. :D
Saw you tomorrow!

CX3

Not me. None of my logs are ever hollow. YA RIGHT LOL
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RayMO

Are those logs or culverts  ;D
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

CX3

Looks like magic man is laying some 18" water line lol
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

loggah

cut them 2" long and make picture frames out of those cedar !!!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Autocar

Loggah the funny thing about picture frames is that they probably sell faster then good logs  :D
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!