iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello....new to the board

Started by James Arsenault, August 13, 2012, 07:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Arsenault

Hello all.....I'm new to the board, so I thought I would introduce myself. James Arsenault, and I hail from Dresden, Maine.

I'm a little operater, just myself and my skidder, a 1981 S8A International. Been mixed up in logging in a bigger way before, but it's just me solo now.

beenthere

James Welcome to the Forestry Forum
Look forward to you pulling up a stump and getting to know you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lumberjack48

Welcome to the forum, i owned a 1980 S8A and a 1976 S8 a few yrs ago, good skidder.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Ohio_Bill

Welcome James , I am a one man band myself .  I cut then skid , then buck, then load ,then drive the truck but I love it .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

James Arsenault

treefarmer87

welcome to the forum, i run a similar operation :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

tyb525

Welcome to the forum, gotta love IH
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

James Arsenault

Tree Killer

HA yup im new here 2. Ive been reading it for a few yrs, but just joined. 8) welcome.

thecfarm

James,welcome to the forum. Dresden,not too far from me.James,check this thread out.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
That will keep you busy for a few hours.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, James Arsenault.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Leigh Family Farm

Welcome! Us newbies need all the help we can get and this forum is one great place to start.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Kodiakmac

G'day Sir. 

Lot of us 'one-man-bands' up here in Canuckistan, too. 

And I'll shake Tree Killer's mitt at the same time.

Welcome aboard to you both.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Thank You Sponsors!