iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hope it snows

Started by woodmills1, March 06, 2018, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

After a long and productive day, I hope it snows, I hope it snows.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Peter Drouin

Blow the sawdust, we don't need any snow.  :D  :D  ;) 
Nice blower.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

woodmills1

The sawdust got there cause I was to lazy to back the truck under the saw dust blower, been straight out Jan and Feb
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

blackfoot griz

We have a little bit here. Want some?  

thecfarm

I don't think you won't have to hope too much. ::) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DPatton

:D :D I think you're going to get a chance to use that machine real soon woodmills1.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Southside

Why you speak with forked tongue woodmills1?   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Percy

Quote from: woodmills1 on March 06, 2018, 08:11:46 PM
After a long and productive day, I hope it snows, I hope it snows.

I would be much obliged ;D ;D

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ed_K

Guess you got your wish WoodMills ;D. We have 10" here this morning, what did you end up with?
Ed K

Bruno of NH

Woodmills1
We hot 20" and it's still snowing some
Hope you got some
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GRANITEstateMP

13in in Nottingham.  Woodsmills1, you want more practice with that front mount blower, just come on over... ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Dave Shepard

19" here. Just got done with round one of opening up the farm and sawmill. Another couple hours and I'll be done. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodmills1

Sure did snow, had a few branches fall around 10 last night so I moved snow so I could move my scion out from under the trees.  This morning I did the house and the work yard.  I have to say this Payeur package is really something, the areas I didn't get to last night were lifted and blown up and over the log piles.

Crusarius

Is that a hydraulic powered blower?

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Crusarius

How does that work being attached to the loader assembly? do you have to be careful how you move it?

woodmills1

No it is powered off the mid PTO, and Payeur built a speed matching gearbox(2000 rpm pto and 540 blower).  The chute rotates and the deflector angle are both hydraulic.  I am moving snow like a real human being.  Only drawback is I need to remove the shaft and gear box after winter to put the skid plate on for woods work.  I was worried about the juice drive transmission, but am so happy with it.  The pto stays engaged until you push in the clutch, which you don't have to do to stop the motion of the tractor with the hydro trans, so if the blower gets overloaded I just lift off the forward pedal and the blower clears itself.  Also, the blower is on a universal quick tac mount on the tractor loader arms and Payeur made 4 plates to restrict the movement of the loader so I don't shear the shaft 

Crusarius

ok. thats nice. Hmmmm any chance I can get pics of the restrictor plates? 

I have a rear mount 3PT snowblower I used to run on my old Kubota that had the 2 speed pto. I would run it on high speed and it worked great. New tractor only has 540 rpm so it doesn't work nearly as well. 

I want to make a gearbox coming off the rear PTO that will double the RPM and run a shaft to the front and mount the blower on the front. I have just been trying to figure out if I use the loader arms or make a plow frame and remove the loader assembly all together in the winter. But since I use the forks to get my firewood to the house it would be a pain.

woodmills1

I added the pictures to my last post just now

thecfarm

Nice set up you have there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Crusarius

Thanks woodmills that is a huge help. those plates are far to simple I would have never though about doing it that way :)

woodmills1

This would be my third Payeur tractor I need to give them props.  Payeur.com

woodmills1

jeff did you ever send Payeur an invitation to this nice nice forum?

woodmills1

here are a few pics from the storm on the 14th,  we got about 30 inches. The third picture is the house across the street

Crusarius

I bet you are loving the front snowblower.

I really need one right now. I ran out of room to push the snow back it keep rolling back into the driveway making it very narrow.

coxy

that's why you should make it wider the first time you plow  :)

thecfarm

That is where a snowblower shines,no need to plan ahead.Just clear the areas you need. Get 6 feet of snow instead of a normal 3 feet,still all is fine with a snow blower. I plowed here for one year,been snow blowing for 17 years.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: coxy on March 18, 2018, 08:51:17 PM
that's why you should make it wider the first time you plow  :)
Friends of mine used to go to Maine snowmobiling every winter. They said the telephone poles were 20 feet off the road. I asked if that was so there was room to pile the snow. Theysaid no, it was so that when you are going up a hill at 70 mph, with your foot to the floor, the loaded log trucks had somewhere to pass you. :D

Crusarius

I did. Unfortunately I have vehicle eating ditches on both sides of my driveway. I can only push so far before I get swallowed by the ditch. getting in is easy. Getting out, not so much... 

Before this last line of storms I had 0 snow. now I am sitting pretty with a good 24".

coxy

Quote from: Crusarius on March 19, 2018, 07:33:26 AM
I did. Unfortunately I have vehicle eating ditches on both sides of my driveway. I can only push so far before I get swallowed by the ditch. getting in is easy. Getting out, not so much...

Before this last line of storms I had 0 snow. now I am sitting pretty with a good 24".
just had to poke fun at ya :D same here 20ft wide road down to 10 now maybe 

Thank You Sponsors!