iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visit from Fishpharmer

Started by Raider Bill, March 14, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

James was in town so he stopped by for some lasagna and lemonade.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

The boy cleaned up good.  8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

He was going to Disney. Got to look good for da mouse.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 14, 2018, 09:55:31 AM
He was going to Disney......
......so he stopped by to see Goofy.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That is a really good picture of you 2.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

Hey James!  Hey Raider!  8)
Say when

Texas Ranger

In observing that picture again, bachelorhood has been good to both of you. :D ;D 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

I blame my girth on genetics, food and IPA.

WDH

That is a fine photo, my good friends.  These are two fine dudes, I can attest to that.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

47sawdust

Help me out here,are you two brothers?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

Good to get together.
IPA,does that have something to do with hops? I grow hops here,just a few plants. Those things grow!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

I was gonna start a thread about Fishpharmer being here at my place this afternoon but Raider Bill has done started one about him being down there and he's gone on over to Woodbowl's house and I ain't got no pic anyway so I just won't say nuttin about it. It was fun though. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

You fellows are keeping well. Have a good time. Whose the cook? I remember some fine catfish at the pig roast. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ellmoe

I feel slighted! No visit. :(  ;)
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider Bill

Quote from: 47sawdust on March 14, 2018, 07:35:53 PM
Help me out here,are you two brothers?
Forestry Forum Brothers from different mothers and fathers.
Quote from: thecfarm on March 14, 2018, 07:41:36 PM
Good to get together.
IPA,does that have something to do with hops? I grow hops here,just a few plants. Those things grow!!!
Yepper, India Pale Ale nectar of the gods. Very hoppy.
We made a couple pans of lasagna Sunday so Fishpharmer got treated to leftovers.

47sawdust

When my wife and I first met I had her over for a lasagna dinner.It was very good but I made the mistake of telling her that it was always better the 2nd day.She very coolly reminded me that she would not be here the 2nd day....26 years later I'm still reminded of my blunder,but at least she's around for 2nd day lasagna.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Raider Bill

I think 2nd day lasagna is better as all the tastes and cheese have time to meld together.

Jeff

I think its that way with everything. Chili, goulash, most soups.  I just flat out think leftovers are better!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Darrel

I just take the whole DanG dish and put it in the fridge and save it for the next day. That way it is leftover from the first bite. 

Yum!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Darrel on March 15, 2018, 12:05:52 PM
I just take the whole DanG dish and put it in the fridge and save it for the next day. That way it is leftover from the first bite.

Yum!
We generally make 2 big pans. One goes to my Son Wild Bill who being a single Dad appreciates not having to cook a few meals. The other one, we get 2-3 meals out of then the rest is food saved and frozen for lunches or when I don't want to cook a couple meals myself.
It's a process. First I have to make the meat sauce which takes a day. While I'm doing the sauce I have to make meatballs and put in sausage link for the sauce because I can't seem to make just a little sauce. I end up with a couple gallons. I can eat red sauce dishes 4 times a week.
Then of course you gotta make the fresh macaroni.

fishpharmer

The "Bil a largo" sets the standard for home offices.  I appreciate Bill's gracious hospitality.   I have a lot of Italian blood,  I know good lasagna.  Bill's lasagna was some of the best to cross my tastebuds.   Thanks Bill, Sue Ann and Billy!

Hey there Roxie, I was thinking about you when I drove through Alabama ;) :)

Ellmoe, my apologies, hope to see you at Jake's.  I really want to see your operation when I have plenty of time.  I just didn't have time to see everyone I wanted to see.    

I was thankful to spend a short time with DanG and woodbowl, two of my earliest forestry forum friends.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Did Woodbowl go computer free?  Not seen hide nor hair of him in forever.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

@Jeff  tough to know for certain, I can say that I didn't see any computer.  There also was mention of phone line problems.  He has been tinkering with a jet engine and all form of airplanes. 

air_plane

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

caveman

James, I hope you enjoyed your trip.  The next time you plan to come to Florida, let me know.  If you have any interest, I could take you to a couple of tropical fish farms and you could look at their operations.  JMoore's brother in law has a pretty good sized farm and focuses mainly on African Cichlids but also breeds and raises others as well.

If you ever get a chance to go by Mark's (Ellmoe), that is worth the price of admission - I would much rather go there than Disney.  There aren't as many people, the lines are a little shorter and he has a ton of equipment to produce wood products and even useful byproducts (tub grinder).  At any rate, I look forward to seeing lots of my Forestry Forum friends at Jake's next month.  I told Raider Bill that if he ever took a wrong turn and ended up in Polk County to drop in but I have only seen him in Georgia  :).
Caveman

trapper

was thinking  about you when we drove from Orlando to Tampa a couple weeks ago.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

fishpharmer

@caveman thanks for the offer, I'd rather visit fish farms snd sawmills than go to Disney any day.  I only had a short amount of time when I was in FL.  Thanks for the invites.

Thank You Sponsors!