iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

For the manly men

Started by Dan_Shade, April 01, 2018, 07:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

1938farmall

must have been a brutal winter in maryland.  you're spending way too much time on utube :)
aka oldnorskie

WV Sawmiller

I used to think about making and marketing special scents for men. I was going to name it "Eau de Saturday night on the docks." Hey, if there is a market for pre-stressed boots and torn up blue jeans there are people out there too lazy to break a sweat who will buy anything!

I worked a project while I was in the USMC at our main Logistics Base in Albany Ga where we managed the LVT (Amphibious vehicles they drive off the boats to the beach in the assault and such). I was a logistician but my boss was an old Amtracker by military specialty & training. He hated the office work aspects and always wanted to get back to the Fleet Marine Force. Every now and then when he was having a bad day I would see him open his side desk drawer, stick his face in it and breathe deeply. After that he would be a lot more mellow. One day I asked him what he was doing. He opened the drawer and showed me his old well worn operators manual. He told me when the BS got to him he would open the drawer and smell the diesel from his manual and remember "There is an FMF out there and this tour will end and I will be going back to it."

He was the only guy I every knew with a big candy dish on his desk filled with Rolaids. You'd be surprised how often other people would pop by to get a couple.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mike_belben

LOL

Yeah.. Outside of wartime the corps could get pretty dumb.
Praise The Lord

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, but it kept us from going insane. I thought boot camp was the funniest thing I ever saw/endured.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

woodmaker

My girlfriend calls my "cologne"  Eau de Diesel.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Weekend_Sawyer

I have often said that diesel smoke is like perfume to me! :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Don_Papenburg

I hate diesel smoke ,but now some fresh140 gear oil , thats living!
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Weekend_Sawyer

I guess you and I won't be going out any time soon Don. :)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Logger RK

Deitriot Diesel smoke mixed with the smell of chipping cedar. 

sprucebunny

I always kind of liked the smell a person gets on their clothes running a chainsaw. New oils may have changed that. And since I'm the person running the chainsaw, I don't get to smell it much cause I've been too close to it ( I guess? )
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

Smells, odors that one keeps in the back of there minds. For me it would be when my grand father walked into the house after working in the bush cutting pulp wood, spruce and balsam. That smell brings flash backs every time my nostroles get a wiff of it. :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!