iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt35hd debarker hits bed rail

Started by Toeboard, April 24, 2016, 11:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toeboard

Hello lt35 owners, I just purchased an new lt35hd while making my last cut 1 inch from the deck I noticed the debarker guard was hitting the bed rail, I stopped the blade backed out of the cut and removed the board to investigate.
  What I found is the debarker guard is about 3/16 lower than the bed rails this is with the debarker moved out, with it moved in it is 1/8 low. I have adjusted the debarker up so it clears the rail at 1/8" this is with the blade at 1". Now my problem is the debarker blade is high to the bandsaw blade. The debarker blade shaft has a thinner washer on top the blade and a large thick washer on the bottom I am going to see if swapping them will get me on target.

I really like the mill the training at woodmizer was great, I was wondering if any other lt35 owners have trouble cutting 1" boards.
Lt35hd BX25D tractor

MartyParsons

Hello,
  check the blade arbor on the motor. Make sure it has not slipped and moved down the motor shaft. You should have no issues with the guard hitting the bed rail at 1" cut.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Toeboard.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

terrifictimbersllc

If it doesn't make sense better figure it out or it's not done with you yet.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Toeboard

I checked out the debarker this morning it still skims the bedrails but not hard like before. While towing the mill home I hit a dip on I-5 where they ground the asphalt at 50 mph hopefully that didn't tweak the band housing to the debarker arm.

Thank you guys for the welcome and Marty the adapter was tight.

Also no more alarm on the debarker, they now have a strobe light.
Lt35hd BX25D tractor

derhntr

My debarker got knocked out alignment from hitting and binding on a knot. Mine has 4 bolts attaching it to the backing plate and 2 bolts for angle adjustment. Not sure how much difference there is from the LT40 to the LT35 systems. I would check to see if the debarker blade is level to the saw blade. 
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Toeboard

Found my problem, the debarker arm needs to be shimed up it sits 1/8 lower from the bandsaw head to the articulate joint.

Thanks guys derhntr pointed me in the right direction now back to cutting 1" stock.
Lt35hd BX25D tractor

derhntr

Happy to help Toeboard, took me a little while to figure out why my band was cutting above the de-barker cut.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Toeboard.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!