iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Apple Butter is Done

Started by Qweaver, October 28, 2013, 08:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

We did our annual Apple Butter making Saturday.  12 family and friends to stir and socialize.  What a great way to spend a day.  80 pints was the product.  I used a 30" fire ring this year and the wind was not a factor at all.  Wind has always been a real problem.  I should have done this years ago.  The man cave was full of well feed and warm stirrers all day.  Pool, football on the TV, hot food and apple butter...what a combo!
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd walk a mile for a jar of Apple Butter!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

My wife made some last year.She cheated,used a slow cooker.She said much easier than having to babysit it all day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 28, 2013, 09:12:59 PM

How about Pickled Peaches?  I know one guy that would walk a mile for them.  But watch your back..

Quinton,

I bet that apple butter is GOOD!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gspren

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 28, 2013, 09:12:59 PM
Our church made apple butter on Saturday, big copper kettles, wooden stirrers, wood fired, the old fashioned way. They still have some for sale at $4.00 a pint or $7.50 a quart, not sure about shipping but PA isn't too far a drive for good apple butter! ;D
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

4 pints will fit into one of those medium,If It Fits,It Ships USPS boxes. Almost $13 postage and I bought some bubble wrap for a dollar and sent the jam to the 4th place winner of the Christmas contest we had last year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Only thing better than the product is the time spent with friends making it.  sounds like a blast for sure!
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Qweaver

My cousins next door made apple butter the day after our cooking.  About the same number of friends on hand.  I stopped by to check out their progress and they were having about the same amount of fun.   But some differences;  We add a quart of apple cider vinegar, they don't.  We add about 25lbs of sugar to 15 gal, they add 50lbs.  We add cinnamon oil, they add cinnamon candy.  But ours is good and so is theirs.  We just like it more tart.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Thank You Sponsors!