iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

15,000 and 500

Started by Magicman, June 28, 2013, 08:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I got a PM from Okra wanting to know what I was going to do?? 

Quote from: OkrafarmerJust a random thought-- you are about to hit 15,000 post, Lynn! How are you going to celebrate?

I normally just blow through numbers and notice a day or so later that I passed a milestone.  I did some looking at the stats and saw where I was almost to 500 threads started.  Since this was "food" for thought, (now we have food in the thread) I decided to let 15,000 also be 500.

My hope is that my contribution to the FF is much more important than just running up the numbers with meaningless post.  I have shared joys as well as heartaches and toes and even my butt.  Hopefully my experience as well as my pain has or will help someone along life's way.

Your contributions have also enriched my life.  You have made me a better businessman, sawyer, and person.  You have caused me to look inward and to adjust in ways that I would have never imagined.  I thank you for being an important part of my life.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I see it,I see it. 15000 posts. We should be thanking you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GDinMaine

Funny thing I was just reading some older posts and noticed the big round number next to Magicman's name.  I too thought it deserves a mention, congrats and most certainly a thanks for sharing 15,000 bits of wisdom and entertaining words.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

moosehunter

Thank you MM, we appreciate your posts, your knowledge and insights!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

clww

Lynn- I have no doubt that I have gained more from your posts and threads than you have from mine. I look forward to 15K more. :) :) :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Raider Bill

154 days online time here since 09. How many other forums are you on and what's the post count on those?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

calw1izl

Congrats Lynn
Being relatively new to the Forum, I always get a lot of "why didn't I think of that" questions answered.  Just a HUGE resource for a lot of down to earth, knowledgeable information, a lot of it gleaned and learned by folks like yourself, the hard way.  I always enjoy your informative posts and answers.  Great job and I hope to see another 15K in the years ahead !  8)

Cal
Cal  W1IZL
Cook Saw HD3238, Case 584CK, Cats Claw Sharpener, Setter, way too many misc woodworking tools and equipment

Autocar

Lynn always enjoyed your post being the first or the millionth keep it up !
Bill

mesquite buckeye

Reading the Magicman's posts is never a waste of time. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

tyb525

I can remember when you joined MM, I can't believe you have 15000 posts already. I think that might be one of the highest post counts on the forum?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

martyinmi

That's quite a milestone, Lynn.
There are quite a few that frequent this site who based on their particular writing styles I really want to meet.
I'm very fortunate to have met a few of them, and I have to say that making your acquaintance in person proved that you are every bit (and more) the gentleman and family man that you portray on the net.
Thanks for all you do for all of us my friend! 8)

(Now can I  have that rusty 'ol knive that that Neeman fellow made for you me?)
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Dave Shepard

Quote from: tyb525 on June 28, 2013, 05:35:54 PM
I can remember when you joined MM, I can't believe you have 15000 posts already. I think that might be one of the highest post counts on the forum?

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

samandothers

I do not remember reading a MM post that did not have kindness and or wisdom in it. Thanks for your posts.

tyb525

I'd second that, I think 99.9% of those 15000 posts have something useful in them.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

OneWithWood

MM you are prolific and wise  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Holmes

You have written a lot of great posts Magicman , butt the toes and butt are unforgettable s. :) ;D :) 
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

To make sure that this moment is frozen in time for all to see, I have went ahead and banned Magicman to make sure that his post and topic count are cemented into Forestry Forum history for all time. :)

Thanks for the memories Lynn! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Holmes

Quote from: Jeff on June 29, 2013, 08:22:50 PM
To make sure that this moment is frozen in time for all to see, I have went ahead and banned Magicman to make sure that his post and topic count are cemented into Forestry Forum history for all time. :)

Poof and he is gone.  At least it was not a long, slow, and painful departure. ;D
Think like a farmer.

Dave Shepard

Probably had to rest his typing fingers for the next 15,000. ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ET

Magicman, even us newbies have come to enjoy your feedback and experience. Thank you for thinking of us! 
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

15,000.......WOW!  8)   How much cement did it take Boss?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 29, 2013, 09:55:30 PM
15,000.......WOW!  8)   How much cement did it take Boss?  :D

Watch out, David, you're about to turn 5,000!

Quote from: Jeff on June 29, 2013, 08:22:50 PM

arg-smiley

Sorry, Magic, I wasn't trying to get you in trouble!  :'(

Oooo, but while you're at it, Jeff, why don't you freeze his age too, so he doesn't get any older!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

grweldon

I'm a bit late to the party, as usual, but thanks Lynn for your presence here!  Your positive, uplifting words do not go unnoticed, even though most of us don't usually mention how they affect us!  God bless you brother!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

cutterboy

Thanks MM for sharing your knowledge and your heart. May your life be filled with joy and devoid of sweetgum. :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Dodgy Loner

Congrats, MM! Hopefully Jeff didn't ban you from sawmilling, too. My cherry logs are feeling abandoned ;D

Just kidding, I talked to Lynn on the phone last night, and he is enjoying a well-deserved break at the cabin :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!