iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting Excited over our first upcoming Auction

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, December 24, 2016, 08:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

9 months of preparation has led up to this event.

We purchased a 3500 square foot reception hall with 48 leaks in the original metal roof from the 70's (counted brown spots on drop ceiling tiles). We had the old roof completely torn off and a brand new metal roof put on. Parking lot was a disaster and held water during even the slightest rain. Had it regraded and had 100 tons of gravel put down.

The door jambs never got a single coat of paint since the 70's and were so rotted you could grab the wood an pull large chunks off with your bare hands. We replaced 6 entry doors and jambs and all 5 windows the were also in very poor shape. Outside metal siding was very faded shade of white and in need of attention. My son in law who is a professional painter pressure washed, primed, and sprayed the exterior for me and Kristina took care of painting the doors as I painted all the trim. 3500 new floor tiles were added as well as over 400 new drop ceiling tiles

Interior walls were in pretty decent shape and we fixed any damage, plus added and office area and lockable 12, 20 storage area. Removed leaking hot water heater and replaced it with larger 70 gallon unit. Installed slop sink and redid all plumbing and about half the electrical.

One thing that is so encouraging is that we have had at least a dozen people stop by and compliment us on how nice the building looks and that some of them had events like weddings there and said the place looks so much better now than when they rented it.

In the kitchen we canned the 30 year old ice making machine and sold off the 2 door glass front cooler that was dated and inefficient and replaced them with refrigerator freezer. Bought commercial coffee maker, snow cone, pretzel warmer, popcorn machine and hot dog roller grill.

Turning our attention to security, we added a 16 camera security and hard wired Ademco alarm system with sensors on all windows and door and IR sensors as well.

while all this was going on, I went to required 10 day class to get my auctioneers license and then sat for State exam and passed. License was issued in September 8)

So i contacted a fellow on craigslist who had a large G scale train collection he was trying to sell as one large lot and he agreed to let me auction it off for him at our auction house. This was the perfect size auction for us to start with. The auction is on January 28th. We have advertised it on Auctionzip and in the past 4 weeks we have had over 1685 views. Hoping for a great turn out and many more auctions to come. It has been a 9 month labor of love ( and some tears) on the part of Kristina and I.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

Thanks for the update Fred, and we are looking forward to reading about your and Kristina's labors being richly rewarded.   :christmas:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

So your baby has been born!  :D Sounds fantastic.  But, we need pictures, or it didn't happen (old saying on FF)!  Do you have a link to your auction with pictures of the collection?  Are you just in-house auctioning or will you be taking phone bids now or in the future?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Busy Beaver Lumber

thank you Magic Man. been working our tails off on it. Will let you know how first one turns out.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 24, 2016, 11:59:27 AM
So your baby has been born!  :D Sounds fantastic.  But, we need pictures, or it didn't happen (old saying on FF)!  Do you have a link to your auction with pictures of the collection?  Are you just in-house auctioning or will you be taking phone bids now or in the future?

ljohnsaw,

To see every item on this auction, and for that matter all our auctions, you can go to auctionzip.com and search for Strauss Auctions. there is like 105 items in this auction, each with pic and description.

Here are some pictures

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Ljohnsaw

I think you wrote about it in your previous thread, but, since you did such a nice job fixing it up so well, will you be hosting events like wedding receptions?  Seems like it would be a nice revenue stream as well.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Busy Beaver Lumber

yes it is for rent for craft shows, weddings, meetings, parties. I am getting my FFL and would like to also have gun shows and gun auctions on site as well and coin auctions.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!