iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magical Moments

Started by Magicman, January 05, 2017, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, this is a "sky scene" but to me it is more of the "moment" than the actual "scene". 

I have a "self imposed" one buck limit and I got mine on opening day, but I am still hunting.  Not for the kill, but for such moments as this.  Ironically, I did not see a deer, turkey, and only one squirrel, but was the morning a success?  Yes on every count!

There are times when I take a ride and just stop and look at the trees seemingly sitting still, but I know that they are growing.  Slowly extending their roots gathering nutrients, and reaching toward the sky with their foliage and producing their fruits for squirrels, turkeys, and deer. 

To me, nature is magical and I am so fortunate to be able to enjoy it's beauty and wonderment.  Magical Moments are also spent with family and sharing time with special friends.  How about sharing some of yours?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Czech_Made

Czech_Made

Or going outside to pee at 3AM and watching the sky full of stars.  ;D

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

thecfarm

Everywheres around me. My grandparents had this land. The family would come over to The Farm quite often,we had a garden here,Grandmother has a few animals,so fields needed to be hayed for the animals. Grandmother passed away,we still had a garden,we would just mow the fields. Than my parents passed away and I built a house here,dead end dirt road,use to be off from a dirt road,until it was paved about 4-5 years ago,no electricity here here until 1986.
This is what I see each morning.

Than out back of my house.

Than sometimes we need to help out the moment and get a bunch of people together to ride go carts,wagons,anything on wheels down the hill.Speeds of 30mph can be reached,we have one that can go 35. No motors allowed.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

You found the 2017 Christmas Contest B a c k d o o r!
https://forestryforum.com/Christmas2017/Merry/Christmas/from/Jeff/Tammy/Ice/And/Harley/Hallelujah/I/made/it!/index.htm

username: Chet
password: Christmas2017

Taking the dogs out on a brutally cold morning and seeing this just outside the backdoor. I'm calling them Koi Krystals. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Texas Ranger

No coat, no pants, in 2 degree weather.  Is it something in the water?   8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

There are Koi in the water silly....

goose63

Quote from: Czech_Made on January 05, 2017, 09:56:21 AM
Or going outside to pee at 3AM and watching the sky full of stars.  ;D

Try that here and your squrt gun will be froze to the ground  in 3 seconds :D

Was 28 below wind chill here
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

trapper

My wife enjoyed the video.  She found out I am not the only one.  I put on a vest and boots in that weather to feed the owb.  Luckily we dont have any close neighbors. ;D
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Darrel

There's just something about this little ladies smile
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Yes there is, sorta Magical.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

Since it is 36° outside right now at my house, I am missing some of the magical moments from the summertime.  I get a lot of satisfaction seeing folks, especially kids, catching fish.  The waterspout was incredibly cool to watch develop, go up into the clouds and then re-form.

I also enjoy going outside and walking at night but my phone does not take good nighttime photos.  Last month while walking one night, I noticed a rocket going up which was launched from Cape Canaveral (the picture was not magical).  I have always enjoyed watching them take off and miss seeing the space shuttles ascend. 
Caveman

BigZ La

Quote from: Magicman on January 05, 2017, 09:22:51 AM
OK, this is a "sky scene" but to me it is more of the "moment" than the actual "scene". 

I have a "self imposed" one buck limit and I got mine on opening day, but I am still hunting.  Not for the kill, but for such moments as this.  Ironically, I did not see a deer, turkey, and only one squirrel, but was the morning a success?  Yes on every count!

There are times when I take a ride and just stop and look at the trees seemingly sitting still, but I know that they are growing.  Slowly extending their roots gathering nutrients, and reaching toward the sky with their foliage and producing their fruits for squirrels, turkeys, and deer. 

To me, nature is magical and I am so fortunate to be able to enjoy it's beauty and wonderment.  Magical Moments are also spent with family and sharing time with special friends.  How about sharing some of yours?

I hunt around Liberty and remember that morning quite well. A friend and I both took pics of the sky commenting how we had never saw such before. Was Magical indeed.

Autocar

Iam with you Magicman sun sets and sun rises on cold winter days nothing more beautiful. I have always told people hunting for game it's not about killing a animal but the smells of the land and horror frost on early morning branches just being alive nothing better !  8)
Bill

Darrel

Another magical moment is opening a log and Knowing that your eyes are the very first to see something like this:
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!